Odbeleven Android Tool

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Justanotherstar

Re: Odbeleven Android Tool

Post by Justanotherstar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:49 pm

do you have to get the pro version to do things like mirror dip in reverse? don't think its a feature worth £50 lol also is there a complete idiots guide to doing it somewhere? don't wanna blow up the car haha

Also, does the unit only work on 1 car or could I just pay someone who already has one to do it on my car? if so...anyone in essex? lol.
17 plate SE Tech 1.0 in Bila White
Extras: Seat Sound, Electric tail gate, park assist, rear camera, ambient lighting, Dark tinted windows, Convenience and winter packs.

Tell

Post by Tell » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:12 am

The Pro version only puts it up by £15 or something. Without it you have to use the micro payment apps which at the minute for the Ateca are limited. To do VCDS type of stuff you need the pro it's more cost effective than VCDS although won't do everything. You can download the app without buying the dongle and check it out. You can have a number of cars held against it so yes it isn't tethered to one car.

This is the idiots guide for the Ateca of tested things if you read from the top, watch the YouTube videos etc work to the results screens and indexes to the Spanish board that have some additional Ateca tested stuff. The German boards keeps off some stuff which breaks German law which is here.

You can mess your car up if you don't use it in a carefull fashion. I keep off engine management things. Reading just error codes before a service or when things go wrong is worth the money, it gives you the same diagnostic information as a dealer so you know whether issues have been addressed or not. I knew that my build had been messed up on the heated wing mirror and added it to the list of issues to fix based on the obdeleven output. They missed that on the pre delivery inspection and taking it off transport mode. Turned out they never plugged in the heated wing mirror power cable at build but says alot about dealers picking up issues that VCDS show that they ignore.

If you are interested in how the cars systems work it's a usefull tool and you can twigg with certain things in a sensible manner or not. The not is down to the individual.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

Justanotherstar

Post by Justanotherstar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Cheers tell, don't really wanna fork out £50 just to have an automatically dipping mirror lol (i'd be too scared to change anything else :lol: )
17 plate SE Tech 1.0 in Bila White
Extras: Seat Sound, Electric tail gate, park assist, rear camera, ambient lighting, Dark tinted windows, Convenience and winter packs.

Return to “Faults & Technical”