Odbeleven Android Tool

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Justanotherstar

Re: Odbeleven Android Tool

Post by Justanotherstar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:49 pm

do you have to get the pro version to do things like mirror dip in reverse? don't think its a feature worth £50 lol also is there a complete idiots guide to doing it somewhere? don't wanna blow up the car haha

Also, does the unit only work on 1 car or could I just pay someone who already has one to do it on my car? if so...anyone in essex? lol.
17 plate SE Tech 1.0 in Bila White
Extras: Seat Sound, Electric tail gate, park assist, rear camera, ambient lighting, Dark tinted windows, Convenience and winter packs.

Tell

Post by Tell » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:12 am

The Pro version only puts it up by £15 or something. Without it you have to use the micro payment apps which at the minute for the Ateca are limited. To do VCDS type of stuff you need the pro it's more cost effective than VCDS although won't do everything. You can download the app without buying the dongle and check it out. You can have a number of cars held against it so yes it isn't tethered to one car.

This is the idiots guide for the Ateca of tested things if you read from the top, watch the YouTube videos etc work to the results screens and indexes to the Spanish board that have some additional Ateca tested stuff. The German boards keeps off some stuff which breaks German law which is here.

You can mess your car up if you don't use it in a carefull fashion. I keep off engine management things. Reading just error codes before a service or when things go wrong is worth the money, it gives you the same diagnostic information as a dealer so you know whether issues have been addressed or not. I knew that my build had been messed up on the heated wing mirror and added it to the list of issues to fix based on the obdeleven output. They missed that on the pre delivery inspection and taking it off transport mode. Turned out they never plugged in the heated wing mirror power cable at build but says alot about dealers picking up issues that VCDS show that they ignore.

If you are interested in how the cars systems work it's a usefull tool and you can twigg with certain things in a sensible manner or not. The not is down to the individual.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

Justanotherstar

Post by Justanotherstar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Cheers tell, don't really wanna fork out £50 just to have an automatically dipping mirror lol (i'd be too scared to change anything else :lol: )
17 plate SE Tech 1.0 in Bila White
Extras: Seat Sound, Electric tail gate, park assist, rear camera, ambient lighting, Dark tinted windows, Convenience and winter packs.

wiz2003

Post by wiz2003 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:24 pm

Tell wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:24 pm
I can now report success on the mirror dip. For the Ateca there is currently no app in ODBELEVEN so it's free and all long coding can be done but you have to master the application screens and swallow.

Zebster in the first two posts on obdeleven support thread covers the majority but it was not clear where the "spiegel" menu was that's gives you "Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung" and "Spiegelabsenkung bei Rueckwaertsfahrt". It's hiding under "Spiegelverstellung".

Basically two procedures are required to get the mirror dip, enable the menu via control unit 09 and enable the passenger door electronics under 52 to dip.
Folding Right Mirror in Rear
Select Control unit 52 (Türelektr. Beifahr.)
Control unit Long Coding (toggle on by hitting the top sliding bar 0-1 icon)
Byte 04
Bit 2-Activate
Bit 3-Activate (do the tick)
Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Access Code 31347
Adaptation
Tap Spiegelverstellung
(15) Access Control 2-Spiegelabsenkung bei Rueckwaertsfahrt
Value=Active
(20) Access Control 2-Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung
Value=Active (do the tick)
I've added a bit more to Zebster instructions above... which are very good and thank him for that. Oh yes and it's L mirror position for RHD, R for LHD, doesn't effect the coding.

Will add a sequence of screens below.
Magic

Thank you....
Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, 18", Lava Blue, Seat sound, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack, Towbar with hook.
Electric front seat not available yet.
Should have specified Heated Windscreen.
Could not justify the cost of the sunroof.

barryp

Post by barryp » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:49 pm

I have just received my ODBeleven dongle and have managed to set up the auto folding wing mirrors and wanted to turn of Auto Stop/Start but I get the error "Description data not found" when I try to access Control Unit 19 (Gateway) Adaptations. Does anyone else get this?

Barry

Screenshot_20170402-194306.png

Tell

Post by Tell » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:40 am

Did you use the security code 20103 with the instructions I posted earlier. Engine should be running etc. I did leave off the security code by mistake.

It isn't that thou. Seems to be an error created by the manufacturer. One example

http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/9 ... data-error

You should report it, do what they suggested. Probably an update issue they have created. It appears a number of times on a Google. I can't check it myself till the end of the week. So yes appears to be a software bug at their end.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

barryp

Post by barryp » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:48 am

That's what I thought, I suspect they have changed the definitions for the Ateca at the server end of ODBeleven since you made your changes. Would be interested if you get the same error when you get a chance.

I will contact ODBeleven support to let them know

Barry

Tell

Post by Tell » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:06 pm

barryp wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:48 am
That's what I thought, I suspect they have changed the definitions for the Ateca at the server end of ODBeleven since you made your changes. Would be interested if you get the same error when you get a chance.

I will contact ODBeleven support to let them know

Barry
There was an app update yesterday to 0.8.3.7. Connecting up it also seemed to do an update to the dongle and the update notes mention a software fix. So all is fine now Barry. Clear to go. As mentioned 20103 is the security code for Gateway 19.

barryp

Post by barryp » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi Tell

I saw the update yesterday and tried it and like you it updated the dongle, but sadly it still has the same problem :-(

Just out of interest did you actually try and access adaptations on the gateway today? The error comes up before you get to enter the security code.

Another thing I would be interested in knowing (assuming it still works for you), is what car shows up in your garage, mine (read from the car) shows up as a 2107 Ateca, I am assuming yours is a 2016 one, not sure if that would make them behave differently...

Barry

Tell

Post by Tell » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:53 pm

AUTOMATIC FOLDING OF REAR VIEW MIRRORS WITH ONE SHORT PRESS

Credited to the Spanish board this can done with the Obdeleven following these instructions

A. Module 09, select Adaptations

tmp_29306-Screenshot_20170407-1507391747201920.png

Select Adaptations
B. Select Spiegelverstellung

tmp_7059-Screenshot_20170407-150854-806645719.png

Tap Spiegelverstellung
C. Select Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus & change to "by look command via remote control key", check and provide security code 31347

tmp_7059-Screenshot_20170407-151006175953679.png

Before

tmp_7059-Screenshot_20170407-151141-617653764.png

Action

tmp_7059-Screenshot_20170407-151229-1334237264.png

Click green

tmp_7059-Screenshot_20170407-151247-450481792.png

Enter security code for the module
This has now removed the long press to close the mirrors on the remote or door Kessy part to single touch. Mirrors can be folded in on the twiddly knob also.

An additional setup menu "Fold in when parked" is provided which turns on and off auto close on the single touch. Twiddly knob still works.

tmp_7059-20170407_152027-1164537520.jpg

Additional Menu to Turn On & Off Auto Mirror Close

These are all VAG menus which can be configured via the OBD port. Saves two seconds each time you lock the car and wish to fold the mirrors in. If you don't want them dancing in and out can turn the feature off on the menu or the twiddly knob to fold in. Useful when loading and unloading the car on many journeys back and forth.
Last edited by Tell on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Faults & Technical”