Annoying rattle

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
dannysayer

Annoying rattle

Post by dannysayer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi had the car for a month now and it's developed a annoying rattle that is coming from the stearing column. Have tried moving the stearing wheel to different positions but still rattles. Anyone else had any problems. Will have to book it in at dealers.
Ateca SE 1.0 TSI, Black Magic, Dark tinted windows.
Ordered - 3rd October
Build Week 46
Delivery due - 19th Jan
Delivered to Dock for shipping 22nd Nov
Arrived in U.K. - 1st Dec
Arrived at dealer - 7th Dec
Delivery - 19th Dec

Saggy

Re: Annoying rattle

Post by Saggy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:19 pm

pleased to say "nope"
Red Xcellence 18" 190 4wd DSG Heated windscreen, Tail foot wiggle, SEAT sound, Park Assist I still don't use....

Tell

Post by Tell » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:56 pm

Book it into a dealer, nope haven't had it.

Had the front speaker rattling to sound but it's stopped that. Just as well. Whatever that was it sorted itself out.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

stan321

Post by stan321 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:36 am

Also had a tinny rattle in the same area, started at about 2000 miles.

Most noticeable and continuous over some of the coarser road surfaces we have here. Eventually tracked down as coming from a "box" directly underneath the steering column. Sounds like a loose cover or similar. Does anyone know what is in this box? Presumably electronics. Also could be heard if you slammed the car door.

Hit the cover with my hand a few times to confirm. Tinny rattle could be heard, but has now stopped!! Maybe this will work with you.
Seat Ateca SE 1.4 TSI in Lava Blue with dynamic alloys, panoramic sunroof, navigation system, top view camera, convenience pack and spare wheel.

Fitz

Post by Fitz » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi, first post for me as only just taken possession 2 weeks ago. Last week whilst driving I started noticing a vibration / rattle behind the dash, somewhere in front of me. Took this back to SEAT who cannot find the issue, so have re-booked for a 48 hour investigation at the end of the month. The sound is only noticeable on roads that need resurfacing, or have loose stones. You can't hear it going over proper bumps or on perfect roads.

Ever so slightly irritating. Its hard to hear, but once you hear it its all you can focus on. Any of the people on this thread had a result as yet?

wiz2003

Post by wiz2003 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:49 pm

Fitz wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:48 pm
Hi, first post for me as only just taken possession 2 weeks ago. Last week whilst driving I started noticing a vibration / rattle behind the dash, somewhere in front of me. Took this back to SEAT who cannot find the issue, so have re-booked for a 48 hour investigation at the end of the month. The sound is only noticeable on roads that need resurfacing, or have loose stones. You can't hear it going over proper bumps or on perfect roads.

Ever so slightly irritating. Its hard to hear, but once you hear it its all you can focus on. Any of the people on this thread had a result as yet?
I have a vibration noise from the same area - noticeable at low revs...
Be interested to know what the dealer finds...
Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, 18", Lava Blue, Seat sound, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack, Towbar with hook.
Electric front seat not available yet.
Should have specified Heated Windscreen.
Could not justify the cost of the sunroof.

Lcchull

Post by Lcchull » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:19 pm

I had a rattle the other week was convinced it was passenger door area was driving me mad. Took my sun glasses out of the overhead storage rattle gone!. So pleased I did not take it back to pentagon
1.6se technology ecomotive Samoa orange ( The Satsuma) on the road 16/12/16 ;)

Fitz

Post by Fitz » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:40 am

Sadly no such luck. Given that the car was pretty much brand new, I haven't yet had the opportunity to fill it with junk. I did check all the compartments but listening to the noise, it sort of sounds like its coming from behind the steering column.

Its been to SEAT for the day already and they cannot locate the issue, so we'll just have to see what happens after a bigger examination.

Tell

Post by Tell » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:53 pm

Vaguely rings a bell that I read somewhere, possible the German forum of a control box that sits back there. I haven't looked for this box and it may be behind a panel, but there was someone talking about noise generated by this box being loose. You may find something on the German forum looking for the German keywords.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

benjibarc

Post by benjibarc » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:03 am

Had my Ateca since the end of December now.

It developed an annoying rattle behind the steering column around 2 months ago but thought nothing of it. Took it to the dealers in the end to get it checked and they 'resolved' it...not.

The day after the rattle got worse. Not just at low revs but constant loud ratttle. Not only that the central locking switch on the drivers side has stopped working and ANOTHER rattle has appeared from the passenger rear door. It looks like whatever they have done - they made my poor Ateca worse.

Any news on the rattles people have posted on here?

Going back to the dealership next week and will state I dont want the car back until the rattle is resolved.

Return to “Faults & Technical”