Another newbie March 2017

New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
tobydog

Another newbie March 2017

Post by tobydog » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:25 am

Hi. I'm sure you guys must see quite a few newbies at the moment.

Ordered my new Ateca on Saturday. Currently have a 2012 Mitsubishi ASX 3 which has been faultless but very unrefined. My new Ateca is the 1.4 SE Tech manual with heated screen, convenience pack, SEAT Sound. Will probably add mud flaps as they do help keep cars clean. Sleepless night last night trawling through the various colours in my head. Provisionally ordered Jungle Green until I saw it in the flesh. Not sure now so will be changing it to Rhodium Grey. Struggled with a comparative lack of choice. Love the Samoa Orange but you'd see it from space where we live.

A number of questions if I could please:

1) Are the LED headlights worth the extra money in the Tech pack? I'm getting the Sat Nav anyway.
2) Is the DAB radio any good?
3) The USB sockets look to come with the Xcellence. Not in the Tech. My other half has a new Mini and she loads all her CD's from the USB. Can you do this in the Tech? If so, we could share sticks.
4) How does the SEAT Sound subwoofer work in the boot when the boot is full of luggage? I understand that the benefit of the system is divisive.
5) Is the ride on the 18" wheels still compliant? I know the SEAT is a generally firmer ride but the 1.4 I test drove was on 17" wheels and was comfortable.
6) Is it impossible to spec all-season tyres? I currently run Michelin CrossClimates and they are superb. New cars come with just summer tyres and I'm not a fan of Bridgestone. What are the best all-round standard fit tyres?
7) Should I just spec up to the Xcellence? I've already got £1,300 off the price.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.
On order since March 20, 2017: 1.4TSI Excellence manual in Rodium Grey. Extras - heated screen, SEAT Sound / Spare Wheel

TrophyJem

Re: Another newbie March 2017

Post by TrophyJem » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:46 am

I can't answer many of your questions as mine is still on order, but one thing I will say is be careful how many extras you choose on the SE Tech as you can soon be very close to the Xcellence price, which may have many of the options you are looking for included.
I had actually ordered the SE tech and then changed to the Xcellence.
Ateca Xcellence 1.4TSI in Nevada white on order.
Order date 6th March. Build week, was week 19 then week 28, now confirmed for week 18

tobydog

Post by tobydog » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:18 pm

Thanks TrophyJem. You must have been reading my mind because that is exactly what I've just done despite asking the question earlier. Spoken to the dealer and upgraded to the Xcellence. Still keeping the heated screen and SEAT Sound. The leather seats also come with the Winter pack which would be really useful as we don't have a garage. Don't understand why the heated screen isn't part of the Winter pack :? .

The only downer is that I prefer the 18" bi-colour wheels on the SE Tech package as they would go really well with the Rhodium Grey. Even the 17" Dynamics look better. The Performance wheels will be a pain to keep clean. Is it possible to downgrade or will I get over it?
On order since March 20, 2017: 1.4TSI Excellence manual in Rodium Grey. Extras - heated screen, SEAT Sound / Spare Wheel

TrophyJem

Post by TrophyJem » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:44 pm

tobydog wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:18 pm
Thanks TrophyJem. You must have been reading my mind because that is exactly what I've just done despite asking the question earlier. Spoken to the dealer and upgraded to the Xcellence. Still keeping the heated screen and SEAT Sound. The leather seats also come with the Winter pack which would be really useful as we don't have a garage. Don't understand why the heated screen isn't part of the Winter pack :? .

The only downer is that I prefer the 18" bi-colour wheels on the SE Tech package as they would go really well with the Rhodium Grey. Even the 17" Dynamics look better. The Performance wheels will be a pain to keep clean. Is it possible to downgrade or will I get over it?
You'll have to get over it I'm afraid. I wanted the SE Tech wheels and they can't be chosen.
I even rang SEAT UK to ask.

I do think the performance wheels would be nice black, which is not that expensive a job to have done.
Only problem is mine is on PCH so that's not an option for me.
Ateca Xcellence 1.4TSI in Nevada white on order.
Order date 6th March. Build week, was week 19 then week 28, now confirmed for week 18

ramgopalvarma219

Post by ramgopalvarma219 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:47 am

Hi , I am Ram Varma :)

Return to “Introductions”