What Car - 1.4 DSG review

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Golfmk56

Re: What Car - 1.4 DSG review

Post by Golfmk56 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:10 pm

PaulT00 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:34 pm
My usual routine is:
starting - start the engine, press parking brake button to release handbrake, press auto hold button to deactivate auto hold.
drive around mostly without auto hold, unless I am in a traffic queue in which case I toggle auto hold on and off at will to have the effect of the handbrake.
stopping - pull up, foot on footbrake, shift gearbox to Park, toggle auto hold back on, press start/stop button to stop engine. Car auto-engages the parking brake during shutdown. Take foot off footbrake and exit vehicle.
'
My usual routine is:
Starting - start the engine, select 1st ger and drive off.
Stopping - pull up, switch off the engine and exit the vehicle.

Then again I have the manual version. I thought people pay £1300 extra for an auto to make life easier? :lol:

PaulT00

Post by PaulT00 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:14 pm

Golfmk56 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:10 pm
PaulT00 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:34 pm
My usual routine is:
starting - start the engine, press parking brake button to release handbrake, press auto hold button to deactivate auto hold.
drive around mostly without auto hold, unless I am in a traffic queue in which case I toggle auto hold on and off at will to have the effect of the handbrake.
stopping - pull up, foot on footbrake, shift gearbox to Park, toggle auto hold back on, press start/stop button to stop engine. Car auto-engages the parking brake during shutdown. Take foot off footbrake and exit vehicle.
'
My usual routine is:
Starting - start the engine, select 1st ger and drive off.
Stopping - pull up, switch off the engine and exit the vehicle.

Then again I have the manual version. I thought people pay £1300 extra for an auto to make life easier? :lol:
You're starting to sound like my anti-auto-gearbox other half!
Although in fairness, if SEAT in their infinite wisdom had seen fit to make the proper diesel engine (you know, the one which runs smoothly and generates 190bhp) available with a manual gearbox, I'd have been there like a shot. I don't know what their thinking was for making the TDI190 DSG only, but someone needs taking outside and seriously inconveniencing about that... :evil:
The Big Blue Bus : Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Lava Blue, 18", Heated Windscreen, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack plus, double boot floor OTR 17-MAR-2017

Tell

Post by Tell » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:53 am

tobydog wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:29 pm
What Car did a comprehensive review of the Ateca some time ago and gave it great scores. I've just received this link where they specifically drive and test the 1.4 DSG. Still looking great although I have ordered a manual.

My only concern is the ride. I've only seen one criticism on here for the 19" wheels and it was referred to as harsh. No one seems to complain about the standard 18" wheels that come with the Xcellence. I suppose it really depends what you're used to. Are people generally happy with it? On my test drives I did pick up on the ride but then I wasn't expecting a soft ride.

http://www.whatcar.com/news/seat-ateca- ... and-specs/
I only really notice 1" roadwork ramps where you get a considerable jar. The rest of the ride is firm which is what Seats are noted for.

The other thing the car is capable of doing and this may or may not be due to the 4Drive enhanced suspension is you get "woe" movements. Coming from an Altea that was glued to the road, the Ateca is sensitive to undulating road where the suspension can cause the car to oscillate. Stomach in your mouth as if you are offroad but you are not. Think that's the offroad suspension kicking in whilst a normal saloon would fall into holes into the road the car instead flies into an offroad heave hoe. You will know when it does it. Doesn't do it alot just on badly undulating roads.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

kee

Post by kee » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:31 am

Having a young baby, we actively wanted to get a car with a "more jiggly" ride so it rocks her to sleep!

Gives me the perfect reason to go for bigger alloys ;)

Tell

Post by Tell » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:08 pm

Will have to give you the location in Epping Forest where you get the rock action :). It's the collapsed roots under the road.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”