Carstick

All Seat Ateca related discussions
RuneR

Carstick

Post by RuneR » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:36 pm

Hi Denmark here :)

Anyone have info about a Carstick in a Ateca for doing wifi sharing and possible info to builtin nav about trafic :?:

jamesiow

Re: Carstick

Post by jamesiow » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:50 pm

You mean a 4G/3G hot spot? i know you are not in the UK but these are good:

http://shop.ee.co.uk/connected-devices/car-wifi

Only if we had a rear power socket.....
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal & Keyless Entry.

RuneR

Post by RuneR » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi

Yes, I know the 12V socket Wi-Fi thingy. I’m more interested if anyone know if the VW Carstick can do anything for some of the built in car infotainment system.
And I would be nice to have a 12V socket in the trunk.

Sorte Per

Post by Sorte Per » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:13 pm

RuneR wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:07 pm
Wait... you would be what!? :lol:
On order: 1.4TSI DSG, Lava Blue, Style trim, and safety blinkenlights everywhere

SparK

Post by SparK » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:28 pm

Sorte Per wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:13 pm
RuneR wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:07 pm
Wait... you would be what!? :lol:
:lol:
Ordered late February, due by end on May :roll:

Tell

Post by Tell » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:17 pm

The infotainment unit on the Ateca follows like this. The standard system is a cut down version of the VW Discovery Pro without wifi or SIM card slot, 3D maps, jukebox uses SD to store maps. The Plus unit is the VW Discovery Pro in functionality but without the SIM card slot, does support wifi but as a base station for hitching up to a media server. The idea is your phone is the media server but that's only going to be on Android since Apple doesn't support it. I haven't explored the wifi bit apart from turning it on and off. It was drowning out wifi reception in the car for obdeleven use.

Seat doesn't have the apps as VW does, their apps only run with the branded car, so I deleted them again. Apart from the POI and destination import website for VW and Skoda I'm not aware of any other common apps or branded devices that work with the car.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”