Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have been considering the Ateca for about 4 weeks now, and had my test drive of the 1.0 TSI SE Technology last weekend - I like it!. It seemed nippy enough pulling out of junctions, and smooth on a run (however it's a firmer ride than my Qashqai no question about that!).

I had made my mind up to go for the 1.0 SE Tech until my Husband saw the 1.4 TSI option. Now we're not sure.

The car will mainly be for school runs, shopping and so on (basically around town) however it will be used as our main family car when it comes to holidays to Cornwall/Scotland and so on. This is where we are unsure. Yes the 1.0 TSI seems fine during a test drive, but would it fair the same loaded up with kids, suitcases etc???

I'm wondering if it may struggle? Should I got for the 1.4 engine? And if so, is it still £30 per year tax??

Any advice appreciated..I'm confused!! :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
If there's no much difference in pay, just go for the 1.4 TSI. Plenty of oomph, decent drive and acceptible MPG. Better than regretting later.

·
Registered
45 Posts
There's a similar topic so you may want to review some of the detailed answers in there.

If you would take delivery after 1st April (more likely than not at this point, given quoted lead time on builds), then for me the considerations are:
- both engines do pretty much the same economy (loaded up I'd expect the 1.0 to have to work harder and give near-identical mpg to the 1.4)
- both engines have the same road tax (after 1st April)
- 1.4 is a bit more to insure (but not much: for me it was about £230 vs £260)
- 1.4 is more to buy (about £1400 on list price but it seems possible to get bigger discounts on the 1.4 than 1.0 vs list)
- 1.4 has noticeably more urge

Just depends if the initial price differential is worth it to you.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The 1.0 isn't £30 a year. Think it's £110. 1.4 is also 110, same co2 bracket. After April everyone will pay the same anyway, £140. Depends when you take delivery if you can sneak in the old tax rules.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Magpie86 said:
The 1.0 isn't £30 a year. Think it's £110. 1.4 is also 110, same co2 bracket. After April everyone will pay the same anyway, £140. Depends when you take delivery if you can sneak in the old tax rules.
I suppose it depends upon configurations but as it stands in std form, emissions for the 1.0tsi comes in at 120g/km Co2 (seat UK website says 119g/km) which means £30 VED if registered before April 1st 2017.

This is from the DVLA website on a 1.0tsi SE Tech advertised on Autotrader:

Font Number Circle

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
The brochure says 121 for co2 which would put it in the next bracket up of £110, looking at it now. That's what my dealer said as well when I bought it in September. They had just missed out on the 120 threshold. Unless something's changed that's what I was going on.

If the DVLA want to round down that's fine by me! :D

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That's the Government, they don't do numbers now.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Latest brochure says 119/120 co2 depending on S/SE or SE tech. They obviously found some way to get it down, or the first figures were early estimates. Means I am 80 quid a year better off anyway!

·
Registered
44 Posts
According to the Directgov tax calculator, the 1.0 will be £30 and the 1.4 £110 for cars registered before April 17. This figure was calculated by selecting the vehicle make and model of both engine size and not by emissions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As I said in my previous chat window, the road tax on 1.0 SE is definitely £30. I should know as I bought the vehicle as an ex-demo so had to purchase new road tax on transfer of ownership from dealer to me (the road tax does not transfer with vehicle any more).

Hence I purchased 1 year of road tax at £30.00 direct via the DVLA website.

There you go!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Magpie86 said:
Latest brochure says 119/120 co2 depending on S/SE or SE tech. They obviously found some way to get it down
Aye, it was called a cheat device. :lol:

The 1.4 is only 123g/km... Pity they couldn't have set up ACT to reduce to just 1 cyclinder for testing purposes!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
Magpie86 said:
Latest brochure says 119/120 co2 depending on S/SE or SE tech. They obviously found some way to get it down

The 1.4 is only 123g/km... Pity they couldn't have set up ACT to reduce to just 1 cyclinder for testing purposes!
Does make you wonder what changed!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Magpie86 said:
Golfmk56 said:
Magpie86 said:

Does make you wonder what changed!
mmm dont think it was ever stated to be higher? Just checked back in the first brochure from June and showed as TBC on all Co2. Next brochure was released in August and showed it as S/SE: 119 - SET/FE: 120. :?

·
Registered
334 Posts
It's the pre sales brochure I have that stated the 121, that's the screenshot I posted from earlier. Presuming that's the early info my dealer was going off as well when he said they had missed out on the £30 bracket.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It could be something as simple as a change of tyre choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys,

the sales rep confirmed to me that road tax is free anyway with new cars for the first 2 years (I checked my small print and it's definitely the case) and then £30 per year after that.

·
Registered
979 Posts
JayneH said:
Thanks guys,

the sales rep confirmed to me that road tax is free anyway with new cars for the first 2 years (I checked my small print and it's definitely the case) and then £30 per year after that.
You sure it's 2 years? I could swear it's only the first year then you have to pay. Can you send me a link to the Gov website that tells you this as I hope your right :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Jayne, welcome to the board, and I'd say it depends on the terrain where you live. We went with a bigger engine in our little i10 when we were getting that one, and the 1.4TSi in the Ateca, because we live on the Pennines and it gets taken over the tops a fair amount, a smaller engine's going to be a bit harder work shifting up and down the box.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts