Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I've looked in the handbook and can't find what oil type is required for my 1.0 tsi , anyone know?? :?:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Wrexham said:
Hello I've looked in the handbook and can't find what oil type is required for my 1.0 tsi , anyone know?? :?:
Hi Wrexham,

Oil type should be stamped on a sticker near the bonnet catch mechanism when you open up the engine bay. At least that's where I found it in my previous Seats.

There's a few 1.0 TSi owners around here who may be able to help too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Sorry don't mean to be thick , but I usually just look for 5W 30 etc ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi,
I use 5w 30 oil, suitable for VW 504 & VW 507 engines. RAC branded fully synthetic purchased from a local supermarket for topping up.
Fortunately same oil as my wife's Skoda Fabia 1.6 TDI.If you give your local dealer a ring they'll tell you.
Cheers.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Wrexham said:
Thanks. Sorry don't mean to be thick , but I usually just look for 5W 30 etc ?
'
You may not mean to be thick but your oil could be :lol:

VW502 /VW504 etc are particular specifications of 5W 30. By far the easiest way to explain would be to have a look at Halfords website.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/engine-oil?brand=Halfords&grade=5W%2F30

These are Halfords own branded 5W 30 oils but note they are manufacturer specific. And note how some are fully synthetic whilst others are part synthetic. If you have a look at the major brands, your Castrol Edge's etc just make sure the VW502/504 etc specification is listed. You need to be careful which oil you chose especially when running in long-life mode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts