Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Have today ordered a 1.4 TECH TSI automatic from the dealers in Poole, Dorset.
A joint purchase with my wife, so she chose the colour - Black Magic - and I chose the spec with, naturally, a few extra bells and whistles, eg panoramic roof, rear camera, spare wheel, a couple of side mouldings, and ambient lighting (which is both un-necessary, and a complete indulgence on my part, as has been pointed out to me, but hey, there you go).
ETA is the end of June.
I currently have an Audi A3 S Line which I like, especially, lets be honest here, the acceleration, but previous to that I had a Land Rover, and both of us prefer the higher driving position.
We test drove a Quashqai, as we have two sets of friends who have them, and like them, but we wanted a petrol engine rather than a diesel, plus an automatic, and that meant a 1.2 engine which just seemed a bit underpowered to me, so the Ateca is (I hope) a happy compromise.
Have read with interest many of the posts on this forum over the last couple of weeks.
Saw an Ateca a few days ago, near the dealers, in orange - looked very good I must say.

·
Registered
286 Posts
jeb01 said:
Hi,

Have today ordered a 1.4 TECH TSI automatic from the dealers in Poole, Dorset.
A joint purchase with my wife, so she chose the colour - Black Magic - and I chose the spec with, naturally, a few extra bells and whistles, eg panoramic roof, rear camera, spare wheel, a couple of side mouldings, and ambient lighting (which is both un-necessary, and a complete indulgence on my part, as has been pointed out to me, but hey, there you go).
ETA is the end of June.
I currently have an Audi A3 S Line which I like, especially, lets be honest here, the acceleration, but previous to that I had a Land Rover, and both of us prefer the higher driving position.
We test drove a Quashqai, as we have two sets of friends who have them, and like them, but we wanted a petrol engine rather than a diesel, plus an automatic, and that meant a 1.2 engine which just seemed a bit underpowered to me, so the Ateca is (I hope) a happy compromise.
Have read with interest many of the posts on this forum over the last couple of weeks.
Saw an Ateca a few days ago, near the dealers, in orange - looked very good I must say.
Hi! Congrats on your order and nice colour choice btw :)

I'm surprised you didn't go for the Xcellence as that comes as standard with the ambient lighting?
I did notice after ordering ours that the reduced price of the SE Tech allows you to add some of the more expensive options like the sunroof without hurting the bank too much, plus you get the nicer wheels as standard, so I'm assuming that may have pushed you towards the SE Tech?

Personally I am regretting a lot about the spec, options and colour I chose for the car, I seem to be seeing better deals around and hadn't really done my research before ordering :?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've ordered the SE tech DSG as well. I phoned Seat who said it was going to be July time for mine. I went sir the tech as I didn't want leather seats.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your replies.
I did think about upgrading to the Xcellence, and checked the additional kit that comes as standard, but decided we could live without much of it, so it was cheaper to buy the SE Tech and make a few add ons, many of which are not included in the Xcellence anyway.
Clearly there is no "right" or "wrong" way of approaching this kind of thing. It's very subjective, but it was fun checking through the list of accessories

1 - 5 of 5 Posts