Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - just got an Ateca for a test drive until Monday and am after some info if possible please? Does anybody have a 1.4 TSI Excellence manual on 19 inch alloys who can check the V5 to tell me what the emissions are please? I'm hoping the answer is the same as on the 18s at 123g CO2! SEAT customer service say they think it is but they weren't sure!

First impressions are great from the short drive I've done today - I'm moving from a Golf GTD (need something bigger now) so the switchgear etc is very familiar, and it is so much nicer to drive than an X1 I had as a demonstrator. It will be a company car and my only concern is the fuel economy so I'll see what it does on my work journey (140 mile round trip, mostly motorway). If I can get 40-45mpg out of it I think I'll be happy.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The official CO2 emissions are 123:g/km. This will be what is shown on the V5 regardless of wheel size. The 19" wheels will affect the economy of the drive. Therefore it will do less miles/gallon than 18" wheels.

·
Registered
37 Posts
In the dutch specs it's the same for 18 and 19"; 123g CO2.

I'm getting an average of 37 miles/gallon during the first 1500 miles. When pushing it a bit harder in sport it can go down to 25 miles/galon.

Way less as advertised and it looks impossible to reach the advertised consumption... Fuelgate 2.0

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well I already own a car that happily does about 20mpg less than advertised so it will be nothing new to me!

Slightly off topic though, I'm currently on holiday in Ireland and I've rented a Passat 1.6 Tdi and I'm averaging 67mpg so far. Hugely impressive stuff and it doesn't feel as slow as you might imagine either!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers everyone - 123 it is then. Thought I'd check as BMW quote different emissions for different size alloys. Yep it is a bit of a trek my commute... I try to work from home as often as possible so only go in 3 days a week or so. I can't understand why they haven't launched a 2WD 2.0 TDI, but am nervous about diesels going forward as i suspect the government are going to hammer them.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
welcome to the forum Pob :)

are you covered in pink and yellow stripes?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.