Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Ordered the above on 2nd May. Extras limited to Double Boot & Spare Wheel due to budgetary constraints. Dealer order form seems to have added 19 inch wheels and heated front screen, although I did not specify these. £22.9k all in - ouch!

Live near Glasgow but bought from an Invesness dealer as they seemed to have the biggest discount on CarWow.

Had agreed to buy a nearly new SE in blue at £18.6k. Dealer has said it was an ex-demo with but on inspection it turned out to be pre-owned, mucky and with a damaged bumper.

Due to the long lead in time I am stuck with the annual summer trip to France in my aging mondeo. Am assuming I'll get the new car in August/September.

I am suffering a few twinges of buyers remorse. Firstly, did I need to spec an SE Tech, if the sat nav is not likely to get regular upgrades and the android link makes it superfluous. Secondly, I am a lazy driver and like automatics but have read a negative review about the petrol engine and automatic gearbox combo.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi there. I had a some doubts for a while with my choice, even looking at passing mazda cx5s thinking had i maybe made a mistake, but after reading lots of posts on here I feel more confident in my decision. Hopefully your buyers remorse will soon disappear.

My current car's only mod con is Bluetooth so anything my ateca will have will be a massive upgrade :lol: I'm sure there are several people on here that will help with your tech queries.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sacadoh said:
Live near Glasgow but bought from an Invesness dealer as they seemed to have the biggest discount on CarWow.
Snap! I'm in Glasgow too and ordered from Inverness. I ordered on 24th April and still waiting for any information on build week.

P.S. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Sacadoh said:
Hello all. Ordered the above on 2nd May. Extras limited to Double Boot & Spare Wheel due to budgetary constraints. Dealer order form seems to have added 19 inch wheels and heated front screen, although I did not specify these. £22.9k all in - ouch!

Had agreed to buy a nearly new SE in blue at £18.6k. Dealer has said it was an ex-demo with but on inspection it turned out to be pre-owned, mucky and with a damaged bumper.

Due to the long lead in time I am stuck with the annual summer trip to France in my aging mondeo. Am assuming I'll get the new car in August/September.

I am suffering a few twinges of buyers remorse. Firstly, did I need to spec an SE Tech, if the sat nav is not likely to get regular upgrades and the android link makes it superfluous. Secondly, I am a lazy driver and like automatics but have read a negative review about the petrol engine and automatic gearbox combo.
Welcome to the forum! As always, buyer's remorse and second guessing yourself will always creep in, especially with long wait times. However, the LED headlights that get thrown in on the Tech are fantastic and they're about £900 on their own so don't be too worried - just enjoy what you've ordered (when it eventually arrives!) :)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Sacadoh said:
I am a lazy driver and like automatics but have read a negative review about the petrol engine and automatic gearbox combo.
The negative reviews usually refer to delays in pulling away. This is somewhat correct, but can easily be avoided by turning off autohold and start/stop, which then enable you to get off the line instantly, should that be what you wish.

Personally, I find the 1.4 DSG combination totally brilliant, once you have learned to use it better to suit your driving style - sadly most reviewers have not learned how to do this.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Sacadoh said:
Firstly congrats! I'm sure you will love the car, then again I would say that given my choice... hehe

Curious though that you were able to get (not that you wanted it) the SE Tech with 19 inch alloys, I couldn't do that when I ordered in mid-April and checking the configurator today it doesn't give that option. Are you sure it isn't a typo...?!?!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may have misread the invoice. If so, no heated front screen, 19" alloys, mud flaps nor mats.

I will check with the dealer.

Your comments were appreciated, thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts