Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 hour to go picking the Ateca at 11 this morning 8 weeks 4 days from order.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well done that man! :)

Exciting times ahead!

Don't forget the obligatory pictures! ;)

(I have just realised that you will be sitting in it by now... I hope it comes up to expectations!)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hope its all gone well

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that's the first 50 miles done great drive even better than expected really pleased with colour back at reading the manual.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Welcome to the club of owners. How would you say it rides against the Yeti. I say it rides like an Altea to be contrary to Seats sales speak that it's a Leon SUV etc. Although I got 40 percent more power than I had before. The A pillars and resting my left leg on the side of the drive shafts area is the same. It didn't feel that different although much quiter inside. Less turbo lag / DSG shift than I had before...think it's the latter. Possibly faster processing in the DSG computer may be, so selection is faster.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would say it rides better than the yeti while being firmer roads can be a bit rough around here copes nicely. Its 20hp up on the yeti but cant compare performance yet I would say dsg changes are faster. I'm impressed with the led lights one thing I was worried about as the yeti lights were amazing best I've had in any car. One minus point is the seat I had electric memory seat in yeti that had independent adjustment to the seat height front and rear i find the Ateca seat slightly low at the front but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Overall very happy with the Ateca so far.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
She's looking good (another yeti defector)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I was having problems with the seat early on but I needed to tilt the back further, lumbar not applied as per what Thomas says. I have it fully jacketed up. The bolster may settle down a bit, mine have got better. I wouldn't have been happy to have lost another cubby hole to the seat electric motor so I didn't specify it and I don't think they have built any with it yet.

The suspension is kind of interesting that it does roll sometimes. 19" you feel the road bumps but then I don't know how that compares with the 18". It can get a bit noisy on some road surfaces but that could be the tyres. They actually have different manufactures on the front to the back of mine... don't ask me what they are, I'd have to read them, but they aren't the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts