Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't it strange Seat did not install any form of power in the back seat or boot of the Ateca, I thought that such a large car would have like
a few charging availabilities all over.
It would be nice to have either a 12v power socket or USB port at the back to keep the devices for the kids juiced on long rides.

Well, got a few months to see if someone tries to build one of these into the centre console in the back.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
My trusty Altea had 12v out in the back and front. I seem to recall the Tiguan is blessed in the boot and back.

It's just cost saving where their design concept goes a bit sidewise. It will be interesting to see what the Yeti II gets blessed with and costed at. Seat flexibility in the rear, power outlets and storage. I don't think they have the correct balance of footwell space in the the front and back but other than that and SS I'm happy.

Someone connecting one of those has got to get into the fuse box so RHD that will be fun in itself, get the cable to the back and get into the centre part, other than that have a flexible solution of a 12v extension and a usb power lead out. Not so pretty but easy to do.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well I think they just did it on purpose - back seats are asking for usb ports! I would also prefer if both front seats were el.adjustable etc.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Been looking at the Kodiaq today it gets x3. One in the front, one for the back and one for the boot. It's tight on USB out thou, only just one USB port out at the front. No good if you run with two devices and want to keep them charged up.

Slightly off topic, best not to get your knee looped through the USB lead into your device. I smashed my usb 12v three port socket by effectively yanking on it as I got out of the car. If you did this with the Ateca USB socket that would have been smashed it. I found the parts after much searching on the road and in the car in foreign parts. Araldited the USB adapter socket back up all seems to be fine.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
Tell said:
Slightly off topic, best not to get your knee looped through the USB lead into your device.
No doubt caused by the Kodiak's lack of front passenger legroom? :lol:
Was caused by my tablet case folding one way so the power in, is on the left, sitting with it on my knee on the passenger side for navigation the cable goes right to left, drop down between my right knee and leg. Tablet placed in the centre part of the Xtrail, out the door and it snatched the tablet and the USB adapter. The adapter gave way. Being in Oz breaking stuff isn't so good. But since the 1amp out was fine and I'd snapped one of the two, 2 amp connector plastic poles, then the centre point fell out which holds the connector in. Got back to Hobart on one 2amp connection to power the navigation without one of the side clips to hold it. I generally travel on holiday with redundancy for breakage. More miffed that I broke my favourite Japanese charger I bought last year.

http://www.yodobashi.com/%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%90%E3%83%8A%E3%83%8A-RastaBanana-RBDC061-3A-%E8%BB%8A%E3%81%AE%E5%85%85%E9%9B%BB%E5%99%A8-USB3%E3%83%9D%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88-WH/pd/100000001002121915/

The araldite will hold out till I replace it and keep it as a backup. Only use it in rental cars to deliver 1amp to my smartphone and 2amp to the tablet. Compact device so I don't carry two chargers, 12v adapter and dodgy connections when they fall out. Bit like what is pictured but has two 2 amps and one 1amp out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts