Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done enough mileage yet to offer a comparison on this i.e real life v manufacturer figures.

Now done 1,750 miles in the 150 PS diesel; long-term average figure is 46.2 mpg. Admittedly this includes a mixture of driving situation, incl. reasonable proportion of stop/start rush hour motorway driving, almost permanent air con and fair use of heated seats.

Claimed combined figure is 55.4 mpg, so achieving c. 85%, which I think is pretty good.

Thoughts anyone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
My 120 miles at 39.2 in a 190 doesn't really count ;)

It had 8 miles on clock and about 5mpg lol

Each trip it is rising

I was on the eco trainer screen earlier but couldn't work out what was going on - maybe only does stuff if ineco mode
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
Week on Monday I might be able to give you some figures that are based on the 80 MPH dash to Germany and back so they will be higher than normal. That's a glugging 190 DSG.

Saggy I've enabled the eco screen today but haven't shifted it since then. I'm at 200+ miles at the minute it's less that 40, I can say that. It might have been 37 and a bit.... it had been showing just over 37.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saggy said:
My 120 miles at 39.2 in a 190 doesn't really count ;)

It had 8 miles on clock and about 5mpg lol

Each trip it is rising

I was on the eco trainer screen earlier but couldn't work out what was going on - maybe only does stuff if ineco mode
Stay away from the Ecotrainer ! It's a bit of a gimmick really - our Polo has it as well and not to put too fine a point on it, it's sh1t. The other thing I I've discovered is to turn off the EcoTips in the car setup otherwise it'll keep popping up guff about engaging start/stop, changing gear (well in a manual anyway - you're ok on that front) and none of them are linked to using the Eco drive profile.

If it's useless gimmicks we wanted let's as Seat to follow Renaults lead; my mate can get a screensaver on his infotainment unit which is a fish tank and you can feed the fishes :lol: :lol: :lol:

Software update required for that, methinks.... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell said:
Week on Monday I might be able to give you some figures that are based on the 80 MPH dash to Germany and back so they will be higher than normal. That's a glugging 190 DSG.

Saggy I've enabled the eco screen today but haven't shifted it since then. I'm at 200+ miles at the minute it's less that 40, I can say that. It might have been 37 and a bit.... it had been showing just over 37.
Cheers, Tell - will hold you to that !

Had a wee cheeky squirt of speed in her tonight and let's just say she was quite comfy at a three figure speed! ;) :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
I've got to do a bit more before I test that :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Saggy said:
I've got to do a bit more before I test that :)
And without the dogs :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
mcderms said:
Saggy said:
I've got to do a bit more before I test that :)
And without the dogs :lol:
Good point .... :)

And I'll swap screens again off the eco jobby

I do usually drive with fuel consumption as my screen (from start)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Saggy said:
mcderms said:
Saggy said:
I've got to do a bit more before I test that :)
And without the dogs :lol:
Good point .... :)

And I'll swap screens again off the eco jobby

I do usually drive with fuel consumption as my screen (from start)
Totally off topic now, but how do I post pictures up? Got some to share and I have not the foggiest. Hope it is simple and you must know, you put some up (and deleted others :lol: :lol:). Much obliged ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
mcderms said:
Saggy said:
mcderms said:
And without the dogs :lol:
Good point .... :)

And I'll swap screens again off the eco jobby

I do usually drive with fuel consumption as my screen (from start)
Totally off topic now, but how do I post pictures up? Got some to share and I have not the foggiest. Hope it is simple and you must know, you put some up (and deleted others :lol: :lol:). Much obliged ;)
Deleted others :eek:
What did you see
I did delete something out the folder
:shock:

On second thoughts don't answer that out loud :oops:

I don't know how to post unless you have a holding account like imageshack

The younger ones will be better help on that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Saggy said:
Deleted others :eek:
What did you see
I did delete something out the folder
:shock:

On second thoughts don't answer that out loud :oops:

I don't know how to post unless you have a holding account like imageshack

The younger ones will be better help on that
Oi - I might be one of the younger ones -and I don't know :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
Good point

You could half my age!!

Going in music selections I don't think so though ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Saggy said:
Good point

You could half my age!!

Going in music selections I don't think so though ;)
True - been stuck in a 70's & 80's groove with tonight's music on Vintage TV; reliving my childhood and teenage days. Back to Christmas music now - aargh. Might be time to seek out that old Dominick the a Donkey....or even Who Put the :shock: On the Snowman. Aw no Wombling Merry Christmas had just come on FFS :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
mcderms said:
Cheers, Tell - will hold you to that !

Had a wee cheeky squirt of speed in her tonight and let's just say she was quite comfy at a three figure speed! ;) :shock:
Will do, thanks for giving Saggy the eco tips, I will turn my eco tips back off again. I also put consumer info on or something like that which looked harmless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tell said:
mcderms said:
Cheers, Tell - will hold you to that !

Had a wee cheeky squirt of speed in her tonight and let's just say she was quite comfy at a three figure speed! ;) :shock:
Will do, thanks for giving Saggy the eco tips, I will turn my eco tips back off again. I also put consumer info on or something like that which looked harmless.
The consumer info is fine Tell, but again tells you the obvious, i.e. that air con, heated seats or anything else that draws a lot of power is affecting the fuel consumption. We all know that I'm sure, but if you want or need to use them you're not goIng to just turn them off to save fuel....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
Oh yes I liked that. Being a management scientist enjoyed that graph now :).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any updates on this, folks?

Now just passed 2,000 miles and still clearing 46 mpg.....

Quite happy with that, and Tell seems to be getting similar on his Grand Tour of the Autobahns! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
Mines still creeping up

Since refuel I show 42 (190 engine)

Since beginning I show 36 I think

It's increasing each journey

Only on 450 miles still
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Top