Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Denmark.

Only 2 weeks left to i get my Ateca, ordered it in mid september, i am so exited to get it :D

1.4 TSI with DSG , 19" Exclusive Machined wheels :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Exciting times :)

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ty saggy :), been reading on the forum a lot the last month, but first made and account today :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
It's a wonder we didn't scare you off ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i see some of you in here are little bit after one member "Tell" , but i am just exited to get my first expensive car :D, cars are expensive in denmark :(

·
Registered
425 Posts
Welcome LMose, welcome to the circus, and do I believe you are one of the Mato Brown brigade (both of us) ? Can't wait to see the pictures. I love mine. You won't be disappointed.

You will get used to Tell.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I don't think anyone is "after Tell"

It may look like that but he is the most prolific poster so appears more often

Certainly as far as I'm concerned it's all harmless

It is a great choice of car.
Hope the next 2 weeks go quickly for you

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ty Dougie, it is actually my wife that picked almost all of the equipment for our new car including the color :D, i just had 1-2 requirement for it hehe

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i can see a lot of the choices UK ppl make on the car is standard in Denmark on the excellence

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Interesting that lots of things in excellence standard there.

What seat choice did your wife pick? :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alcantare its standard in denmark , love it more than leather , think leather is so cold in winter and hot in summertime so i am happy :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
LMose said:
Alcantare its standard in denmark , love it more than leather , think leather is so cold in winter and hot in summertime so i am happy :)
As you will have read we had no choice in the excellence lol

Summers aren't that hot or long here abd got AC and with the heated seats not an issue in winter ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Saggy"[]quote="LMose said:
As you will have read we had no choice in the excellence lol

Summers aren't that hot or long here abd got AC and with the heated seats not an issue in winter ;)[/quote]

if i would have chosen leather seats it would have been 3800€ more :S

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
3800 :shock: ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes .......

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Saggy said:
3800 :shock: ?
a standard Seat Ateca Exellence 1.4 TSI DSG cost around 53-54k€ in denmark

·
Registered
425 Posts
LMose said:
OMG! Don't get our lovely friend started. He will be soooooooo jealous ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dougie said:
LMose said:
OMG! Don't get our lovely gay friend started. He will be soooooooo jealous ;)
haha :D

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
LMose said:
In many EU countries there is an initial registration tax. There is one in the UK, but I think it is only about £45 so not really significant.

In Spain there is a similar tax which used to be based on engine size, but now it is based on CO2 emissions. On any car with less than 120g it is zero, for the next band it is 4.75%. That is quite significant. On real "gas guzzlers" it is 14.75%.

In Denmark, I understand that it is over 60%. That is a massive amount! It gets included in the price so it is not so obvious. I only came across this when an expat here in Spain said he had bought his car in Denmarks as, because of this huge tax, the manufacturers keep the base price as low as they can to maximise sales. If you buy for export, you don't pay the tax, so what you get is a good deal!

I must admit, €3800 is a lot for leather, even allowing for the 60% tax.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fred99 said:
LMose said:
In many EU countries there is an initial registration tax. There is one in the UK, but I think it is only about £45 so not really significant.

In Spain there is a similar tax which used to be based on engine size, but now it is based on CO2 emissions. On any car with less than 120g it is zero, for the next band it is 4.75%. That is quite significant. On real "gas guzzlers" it is 14.75%.

In Denmark, I understand that it is over 60%. That is a massive amount! It gets included in the price so it is not so obvious. I only came across this when an expat here in Spain said he had bought his car in Denmarks as, because of this huge tax, the manufacturers keep the base price as low as they can to maximise sales. If you buy for export, you don't pay the tax, so what you get is a good deal!

I must admit, €3800 is a lot for leather, even allowing for the 60% tax.
tax on cars used to be 180% in denmark and was falling to 150% in 2016 and a little bit lower here from 22 of november :)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts