Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I promised the Yeti forum a report back. Thought you might like to see it.

I said I would report back on how I am getting on with the Ateca.

The engine and gearbox combination is really superb. If you like the 140/150 DSG in the Yeti you will love this. As you would imagine, it's quicker but gives around the same fuel economy although at 2000 miles it's not really loosened up much. It probably is less frugal on short trips, but better on long ones where it doesn't plummet when you go over 60. No doubt a combination of less drag and a 7th gear.

Driving it is really relaxing. I can't speak highly enough of the adaptive cruise control and assuming it is offered on the Karoq I would highly recommend it. Combined with the electric handbrake and hold system it really does make driving effortless. Other good changes from my old Yeti include a max aircon button, a snow setting for the 4wd and more room, particularly in the boot. Disappointingly, the boot light is just as crap as the Yeti's.

It's not all good although the gripes are fairly minor. Internal cubby holes are nowhere near as well thought out as in the Yeti. There is also only a single CD player as apparently people now keep their music on SD cards, for which there are two slots. I suspect Skoda will make a better fist of the storage. Apart from cubby holes the interior is well laid out and comfortable and the leather seats feel like better quality than the Yeti.

Not being square the back does not get encrusted with crud and I make a lot less use of the rear wiper. Mainly out of curiosity I specced park assist. Take it from me, don't bother. The 360degree camera is good though.

Overall I'm pleased. In most departments it's a step up from the Yeti and I suspect that the Karoq will be very similar. I know some will regret the loss of the Yeti's ruggedly individual lines, but you could always get a Davy Crockett hat if you feel that strongly about it.

Let me know if there is anything you want to know.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for really good feedback.

I'm really happy about this
Mainly out of curiosity I specced park assist. Take it from me, don't bother. The 360degree camera is good though.
Thats exactly what i did few days ago changed that extra. Camera should be enough in any situations and park assist is really for those who are afraid to park themself and not confident even with cameras.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Great write up thanks!

Re the camera I must admit I am seriously thinking about changing my order!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yep, good to see first impressions after some longer-term use, rather than all I could pick up from my test drives - thanks :)

I doubt I'll use park assist much - went for it for the other half as it's a much bigger car than she's used to, but went for the camera myself (Xcellence pack); couldn't resist the gadgets!

·
Registered
162 Posts
How's the comfort on bad roads on 18"?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bartel said:
How's the comfort on bad roads on 18"?
I don't notice any difference from my Yeti on 17s. (Which is not to say that potholes are comfortable!)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
supreme said:
park assist is really for those who are afraid to park themself and not confident even with cameras.
Im confident to park myself, I do park myself, I just like sensors on all 4 corners for those tight spots

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Nice write up DSG4WD :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts