Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see their is talk on the German and Spanish Ateca forums that Atecas manufactured from week 22 this year will be the 2018 model year.

According to the forum this will give LED fog lamps and Progressive Steering.
Possibly also a gloss black grill.

Too late for me as mine is due to be built next week.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Cool
For once I m glad to have a loooooooong delivery time

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wait what? For outside UK and west EU wait times are very long and could be reason that those customers will get updated version. Most who orderered recently will get in 2018 anyway. Mine is still week 29 unconfirmed.

But i would like to read that forum also. Could you link that discussion so could use google translation?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wonder if anyone has a friendly dealer who would be prepared to reveal exactly what the MY18 changes will be or knows when the brochures/configurator will be updated?

·
Registered
526 Posts
what is week 22 in calendar terms? e.g. is it the week commencing 29 May?

·
Registered
162 Posts
kee said:
what is week 22 in calendar terms? e.g. is it the week commencing 29 May?
week 22 starts on the 29th of May, yep

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for link. A lot speculations but they seem to agree that VW group new year in production starts after may. So dealers should know changes to new model when people put orders with configurator. I assume soon updates should be revealed if there are. I think maybe slight changes here and there. Who knows maybe the famous rear wheelarch issue with dirt :)

The best comment i saw - At the time of delivery, we should be really glad that he is still ATECA until we get it. :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
TrophyJem said:
I see their is talk on the German and Spanish Ateca forums that Atecas manufactured from week 22 this year will be the 2018 model year.

According to the forum this will give LED fog lamps and Progressive Steering.
Possibly also a gloss black grill.

Too late for me as mine is due to be built next week.
Would have been nice to get the gloss plastic and LED fogs if rumours are true, but could probly retrofit those easily enough anyway and I'm much happier that I'm on track to get the car before week 22, had enough of waiting now :lol:

Besides I will probly end up changing the car for the facelifted version when that turns up in a couple of years anyway so not overly worried, but I can understand why some people might be annoyed in a similar way to when the Fr version was announced.

Very well done for finding out about this though, great detective skills! ;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
From one of the many telephone conversations I have had with Customer Services (and there have been many and they also vary in actual content so take this with pinch of salt..) was told that there are no changes to the 1.4 model but to the 1.6 ...

·
Registered
579 Posts
It's true. My friendly dealer (who said I read too many Ateca forums) confirmed the following:

The flagship Xcellence trim will gain:

1) Progressive steering
2) LED glovebox illumination
3) Glossy black front grille
4) Aluminium pedals (190PS models only - petrol and diesel)
5) Updated steering wheel logo
6) 1.6 TDI 115PS engine with manual gearbox (currently not available with this trim)

The recommended retail price for all Xcellence models will increase by £200.

I've looked at the latest brochure and the 1.4TSI has moved from £24,400 to £24,600.

What my dealer wouldn't confirm is when the switch starts. He did confirm I'm still week 20. It's only the progressive steering I'd be interested in anyway and it would cost me £200. Not keen on glossy blingy grills.

You can check it out on the VWG SEAT Hub.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
missy said:
From one of the many telephone conversations I have had with Customer Services (and there have been many and they also vary in actual content so take this with pinch of salt..) was told that there are no changes to the 1.4 model but to the 1.6 ...
Personally I can't see them giving anything away unless it's cheaper in production terms.

Da gweld chi yn ôl

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
tobydog said:
It's true. My friendly dealer (who said I read too many Ateca forums) confirmed the following:

The flagship Xcellence trim will gain:

1) Progressive steering
2) LED glovebox illumination
3) Glossy black front grille
4) Aluminium pedals (190PS models only - petrol and diesel)
5) Updated steering wheel logo
6) 1.6 TDI 115PS engine with manual gearbox (currently not available with this trim)

The recommended retail price for all Xcellence models will increase by £200.

I've looked at the latest brochure and the 1.4TSI has moved from £24,400 to £24,600.

What my dealer wouldn't confirm is when the switch starts. He did confirm I'm still week 20. It's only the progressive steering I'd be interested in anyway and it would cost me £200. Not keen on glossy blingy grills.

You can check it out on the VWG SEAT Hub.
Progressive steering reckon it has that now.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for the info. Good news for those who are still waiting car to arrive in summer or later.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Have we seen the FR spec yet since the goodie overlap has to be managed. That list apart from progressive steering that the car already has feels like an FR spec surely.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts