Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

My dealer provided a spare wheel kit, I cant get it to fit, can you send a picture of the layout if you have one fitted, I think he has provided a leon kit which is the closest available it seems, the foam module does not fit at all,many thanks

Waggy

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Waggy, and welcome to the Forum!

This subject has also been much discussed in other threads, and I was getting the impression that the Ateca kit is exactly the same as the Leon one, and that the two are interchangeable.

However, perhaps this is not actually the case after all, and I will also be interested to see the photographs from other member, as for some reason these don't generally seem to be offered as an 'after sales accessory'!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It's that the Leon's is the next best thing and given its under the panel it doesn't really matter if the plastic mount is wrong which it is looking at the last picture from the weekend. The Ateca one comes with the plastic moulded to fit, but you can't buy them but the Leon ones you can but from the picture at the weekend the plastic will obvious have some gaps around it.

Look at this link from the weekend, two eBay links. The first one is the Leon kit with the moulding says genuine and the second, no moulding but tools. Think the original solution has the first one since they explained moulding on the left

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=780

This

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/272523667946?rmvSB=true&ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F710-53481-19255-0%2F1%3Ftype%3D4%26campId%3D5336838547%26toolId%3D10001%26customId%3Diz41ootdqk000fc300003%26mpre%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.co.uk%252Fitm%252FGenuine-SEAT-Accessories-SEAT-Leon-ST-Estate-MK3-Spare-Wheel-Kit-18-%252F272523667946%253Fhash%253Ditem3f73ad29ea%253Ag%253AxaIAAOSwmmxW6ub9%26srcrot%3D710-53481-19255-0%26rvr_id%3D1167500944580&_mwBanner=1&ul_noapp=true

Verse that

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/162227851658?rmvSB=true&ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F710-53481-19255-0%2F1%3Ftype%3D4%26campId%3D5336838547%26toolId%3D10001%26customId%3Diz41puqa40000fc300003%26mpre%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.co.uk%252Fitm%252FSEAT-ATECA-18-SPACE-SAVER-SPARE-WHEEL-LIFTING-JACK-BRACE-COVER-BAG-%252F162227851658%253Ffits%253DCar%252BMake%25253ASeat%25257CModel%25253AAteca%2526hash%253Ditem25c588918a%253Ag%253AKSwAAOSwCGVX9AYC%26srcrot%3D710-53481-19255-0%26rvr_id%3D1167479781416&_mwBanner=1&ul_noapp=true

The genuine when ordered with the car comes with moulding to fit althou you would have more space if you ditched the moulding.

Marks thread where he asked for help with pictures... the one with the blue rope on the left is the genuine article, Seat tools go on the right, you use the left to put your own stuff in

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=551&p=6351&hilit=Mark#p6351

Looking back at those pictures and what we know now Seat must have given him a Leon kit which he shows on the right but turned round to its normal mount and the Ateca genuine fill on the left.

I think if you really thought that the ebay one without plastic was genuine enough with tools in a bag and you had enough stuff to stuff down below, that one that Kindness found might be a good solution or settle on the Leon moulding one or just order the proper one when you buy the car :).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, Thanks Tell,

I guess I will have to make it work, the polystyrene module does not have anywhere to secure to on the 4drive, but it is still worth it to have a spare, 3am on the motorway with a blowout leaves you very few options with the provided repair foam.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'm a believer in a spare :).

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks from me also Tell, for the above details... your memory and/or search skills are obviously far better than mine!

On checking out all the above links, Mark's picture (with the blue rope) is obviously the genuine SEAT offering, and I think it is a shame that this can't be ordered as an 'after sales' accessory, as it is, at least in my case, the preferred choice!

One of the reasons that I didn't go for the spare wheel option when placing my order is that I can't honestly recall, in the last 30 or so years of car ownership, the last time I attempted to change a wheel myself, and have a feeling that if I ever did I would find that the wheel nuts were so tight that I couldn't undo them with the supplied tool/wheel brace anyway!

However it is an option I am still considering... hence my interest in this subject.

I hope to be paying a visit to my dealer, to give my new Ateca the 'once over', later this week, and I will be having look in the boot while I am there, as this 'double floor' business is far from clear to me also!

An update will hopefully follow in due course! ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Tell said:
Tell - my ateca was already in stock when i got it - so had to order a spare wheel kit separately - i knew it was the leon one but just realised its the 16" version. I'm not concerned about it effecting speedo etc (the tyre size will make up most of the difference to the circumference - and it'll only be used as an emergency to get to a garage) but will the 16" fit over the brake caliper? I ask as i had a type R that was a nightmare as i got a front puncture and i had to remove real wheel and use that on the front and the space saver on back as the front calipers were too big to accommodate the 16" spare.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been looking at this very issue the last couple of days, but Ive been trying to work with SEAT part numbers instead of photos of peoples boots.
I have access to ETKA which is the SEAT spares catalogue and there is not a lot of info for the accessories at present.

The very early cars appear to come with the Leon kit which is listed in ETKA as 5F0012109 for the foam tray, but this is only for Ateca made prior to 27th June 2016. This part number is easy to search for and order anywhere. (I didnt even know Atecas were made before Sept)

Cars made after this date are listed as using 575012109D which I cant find any photos or info anywhere, so I am guessing this is the new Ateca part shown in the photos and the number you would order if it existed.
FYI, both foam tray part numbers are listed as costing £8.48. If the second part number is indeed the Ateca one, I would expect it to cost more as its a lot larger, so may be a red herring.

Maybe someone with the Ateca type foam trays from the photos in the other thread could look for a part number to confirm. Its normally moulded into the foam or on a sticker somewhere.

They clearly exist, so my guess is that the spares ordering system or part number database is lagging behind production. I dont think its a case of the dealers or SEAT not offering a spare wheel as after sales, but more the dealers cant order it because computer says no....

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It has been said that parts are lacking / lagging - think that was the German Ateca forum. My VIN number in that site got nowhere since it doesn't recognise it. No change just tried it again.

I'll let someone else dig under their boot since I've got alot of stuff packed and velcrosed in the back given the lack of understorey space in the 4wd Ateca.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks 'loffler' for that very informative info.

My Ateca is a 2wd 'manual' model, which I won't actually be 'viewing' until Friday week, but I will be having a close look under the boot floor then!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I tend to think that you can do away with the plastic moulding if space is the priority. I didn't ditch mine since I wasn't too sure how much load bearing it offered. But then if it comes with the floor less the wheel, tools and moulding for those without a spare then Seat have judged it isn't needed for load bearing. The space I was going to get by pulling it out didn't amount to much, so I left it in. The moulding will stop the tools rattling and moving about.

Then on the other hand for anybody who hasn't got the spare wheel but needs one the option that Kindness found with the tools in the bag gives the maximum space to stuff things down there around the wheel. Enough stuffing and things won't move about :) or there is the Leon one a cross between both solutions. For purists who want to get back to how it would have been the Ekta site. BTW you can order in a passenger side understorey box it was about £125 so I didn't pursue that one. You know the one they should have fitted but we're too tight to do so.

Boot: My car blankets I kept down there in the Altea had to come out, one now under the passenger seat, one on the seat (advantage of not having that box). Torch under the passenger seat as well. Small oil container velcrosed to the back, additional tools in that and on another boot tidy. Whole load of stuff had to come out of the car.

Anybody who's use to a double boot with 2WD is going to be in for a rude shock with the 4wd Ateca and storage space in general. It's let down by storage space and cabin leg room in the front compared to the Altea. As I've said before its like one of those German minimalist hotel rooms :). Saying that the boot above the false floor is very high compared to a standard car and other 4wds so you can certainly get alot in the boot if not under the false floor in the 4wd.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Howie669 said:
Tell said:
Tell - my ateca was already in stock when i got it - so had to order a spare wheel kit separately - i knew it was the leon one but just realised its the 16" version. I'm not concerned about it effecting speedo etc (the tyre size will make up most of the difference to the circumference - and it'll only be used as an emergency to get to a garage) but will the 16" fit over the brake caliper? I ask as i had a type R that was a nightmare as i got a front puncture and i had to remove real wheel and use that on the front and the space saver on back as the front calipers were too big to accommodate the 16" spare.
I see that post slipped in and I missed it. Pass on whether it will do but I note this 16" one isn't advised for 18" but that will be the Leon I guess. Suspect all things being equal if it's a 17" Ateca it will fit.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/262093551489?_mwBanner=1

This thread revealed the spare size, they are all 18"...

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=664&hilit=Pressure

·
Registered
122 Posts
Tell said:
Howie669 said:
Tell said:
I see that post slipped in and I missed it. Pass on whether it will do but I note this 16" one isn't advised for 18" but that will be the Leon I guess. Suspect all things being equal if it's a 17" Ateca it will fit.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/262093551489?_mwBanner=1

This thread revealed the spare size, they are all 18"...

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=664&hilit=Pressure
Cheers Tell - the dealer is insisting that the wheel fits as SEAT provide the 16" when ordering from parts - to be fair the parts manager has said he has never actually tried fitting one to the front but will happily try it when i pop into the garage to make sure. In the mean time i have emailed SEAT UK to see what they are advise.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Didn't know where to put this bit of info, but I've kept my old Octavia full size spare fitted with 225/50 17. It's close enough to be used even with its 6mm positive (i.e. inwards) offset. Yeti owners might also have a similar option since they used this size too. I haven't yet tried it in the wheel well with the pump etc. removed to find out how much the floor height would need to be raised; and there's also the small issue of tools - particularly a jack. My view is that these can at least be borrowed from a helpful passing motorist or breakdown person, but a functional tyre might be the difference between a full recovery and onward travel if the tyre mobility solution isn't man enough.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Probably should have said mine isn't 4drive, so I assume there's more tolerance in tyre size as well as possibly more space in the well. Please move the posts if there's somewhere more appropriate/helpful.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts