Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be obvious to some people but to me it's not.
The off road and snow settings on the 4x4 dial, are they literally for just offroading at a crawl pace or can I use those settings for driving on the road at 'normal' speeds if the conditions are bad and the road surface is extra slippery?
Many thanks.

·
Registered
21 plate fr4, 2.0 tsi in dark camo.
6 Posts
Hi. I think there is a thread about this already on here somewhere, with links to some interesting YouTube vids, regarding the haldex 4×4 system. As I understand it, the 4×4 variants, adjust the power between all 4 wheels for optimum power distribution at all times. I think the snow and off road modes, change things like hill descent controll and throttle response etc. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
268 Posts
May be obvious to some people but to me it's not.
The off road and snow settings on the 4x4 dial, are they literally for just offroading at a crawl pace or can I use those settings for driving on the road at 'normal' speeds if the conditions are bad and the road surface is extra slippery?
Many thanks.
From my 2017 manual it says it adjusts the ESC for the terrain....
Offroad - adusts vehicle's parameters for optimal off-road driving. In addition the hill descent control can be activated. Vehicle must be below 18mph, on a slope of at least 10% fwd or 9% in reverse.
Snow - adjusts vehicle's behaviour for slippery road surfaces, optimising for grip and stability.

I've certainly used snow mode in previous winters when icy/snowy surfaces, so not just crawling along, but certainly driving for the conditions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts