Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm into my 2nd month of the Ateca, I came from a 2.0 L Tdi Tiguan (2wd) Match which was a lovely car to drive and was extremely comfortable with the Alcantra seats (which I would have taken before the Leather of the Ateca), but I am deeply in love with the Ateca,the model is a 2.0Litre Tdi X-cellence 4 drive with 19 inch rims, electric tail-gate and a wee bit of car pimping, and as I live up a steep hill the 4drive worked a treat in our recent snowy conditions, a few snaps are attached. Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I wouldn't have minded alcantara either ;). In southern sunshine the leather gets pretty hot, too hot to touch let alone sit on. I've now resorted to keeping a towel in the car too sit on. My front screen blind arrived today.

Nice to know the 4Drive works well in the snow for the future move to the countryside on those 19" same as me.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Nice one, Fujixpro!

Just down the road from you; neighbour & I both Ateca owners....a North Lanarkshire sub-group of Atecaforums :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi mcderms,

Were you by any chance in Tesco (Cumbernauld) on Wednesday as a Rodium was parked not far from us, nice to see the Ateca making its mark in North Lanarkshire, like your North Lanarkshire sub-group mention.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Tell,

I was a tad annoyed that the Alcantara was not an option as it is lovely to sit on, just like and old comfy chair.

·
Registered
918 Posts
fujixpro said:
Hi mcderms,

Were you by any chance in Tesco (Cumbernauld) on Wednesday as a Rodium was parked not far from us, nice to see the Ateca making its mark in North Lanarkshire, like your North Lanarkshire sub-group mention.
Might have been ;) ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Looks great Fuji even in the bad weather, thanks for sharing the pictures.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks Scott1988, a typical fabulous day in Dear old Hootsland, enjoy your machine when it arrives and keep the shine on The Black Magic.

·
Registered
160 Posts
fujixpro said:
Many thanks Scott1988, a typical fabulous day in Dear old Hootsland, enjoy your machine when it arrives and keep the shine on The Black Magic.
Thanks Fuji, I can't wait for it to arrive.

You might even see mine kicking about if you are in and around Glasgow as I am back home quite often.... can't wait for the first drive back in the comfy new car :D

What's the Ateca population like in the west of Scotland then? I've only seen a few in Newcastle

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Scott.

It's not huge at the moment, but as you know Glasgow is the Fashion Capital of The World so it'll get popular.

·
Registered
918 Posts
fujixpro said:
Hi Scott.

It's not huge at the moment, but as you know Glasgow is the Fashion Capital of The World so it'll get popular.
:D
Two in my street; a few in & around Cumbernauld and Stirling areas courtesy of Morrisons SEAT; one or two members in Ayrshire too I think !

As Fujixpro says, they'll catch on in Glasgow in a big way; probably at least in part as there are a few SEAT dealers within a 30 mile radius here, plus Arnold Clark usually is able to pile em high & sell em cheap - although experience of members is that production and deliveries from SEAT can be slow, so that might affect uptake?

·
Registered
286 Posts
fujixpro said:
I'm into my 2nd month of the Ateca, I came from a 2.0 L Tdi Tiguan (2wd) Match which was a lovely car to drive and was extremely comfortable with the Alcantra seats (which I would have taken before the Leather of the Ateca), but I am deeply in love with the Ateca,the model is a 2.0Litre Tdi X-cellence 4 drive with 19 inch rims, electric tail-gate and a wee bit of car pimping, and as I live up a steep hill the 4drive worked a treat in our recent snowy conditions, a few snaps are attached.at7.jpg
Great pics of a great looking car!

Looks really good with the extra trims 😉

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi mcderms,

I was lucky to deal with an independent Seat supplier in Uddingston, they are W. Livingstone and are a family run business which I prefer, I was a customer of Advantage Volkswagen ( Stirling) and then Inch when they took over and sadly Arnold Clark bought Inch VW out hence my moving dealerships.

·
Registered
918 Posts
fujixpro said:
Hi mcderms,

I was lucky to deal with an independent Seat supplier in Uddingston, they are W. Livingstone and are a family run business which I prefer, I was a customer of Advantage Volkswagen ( Stirling) and then Inch when they took over and sadly Arnold Clark bought Inch VW out hence my moving dealerships.
Hi Fujixpro,
Morrisons in Stirling are family run and have a good reputation as a SEAT dealership; now also Jaguar to complement their Land Rover/ Range Rover franchise. The Ateca is a company car but will go there for servicing, since I work in Stirling it's convenient.
I know what you mean about AC; their growth strategy is largely about acquisition, and they've bought out a good few smaller independents, esp. in Scotland. My cars mainly used to be Vauxhalls, sourced mostly from Lenzie; yet another one "bought out" by AC. You'll struggle to get a better car price than theirs, but I've never been impressed with the "after sales" and servicing they provide. Switched to Audi 7 years ago when Lenzie became an AC.
My A3 and Polo are both from Perth Audi / Camerons VW - the same family company. Further to go for servicing etc. but their customer service is absolutely first class.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts