Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am not sure if this has been mentioned already, but SEAT are to increase the RRP of all Ateca's in one week's time, on 21st December.

These range from about £250 to over £500 on the top end Xcellence models.

Most dealer's will be aware of these by now, but many prospective customers may not be!

As I am sure most folk will know also, by playing around with the Configurator on the SEAT website it is not too difficult to have a pop-up message appear which will entitle you to download a voucher containing a code for a further £250 discount, which can still be applied on top of the £500 "test drive" discount currently on offer.

I also have it on good authority that in January 2017, SEAT will be offering a £1000 contribution towards a new Ateca, but it is my guess that this will at least replace the £250 'voucher' offer, and probably the "test drive" one as well, so after the price rise has come into effect, a prospective purchaser may actually be worse off than if they were to place an order now.

This information has all been given to me by a dealer who was anxious to have my business, but who, for various other reasons, I decided not to deal with in the end!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The forthcoming price rise is definitely correct... I was even shown the email from SEAT!

The other information was given to me in a subsequent phone call.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
It's inevitable. The Pound to Euro rate has dropped nearly 20% since Brexit. Big companies hedged their bets by buying ahead but that only lasts so long.

When I first configured an Ateca on the Spanish site, the price has not changed. However, my income in Spain is from Pounds transferred to my bank in Spain. As a result the price I will pay is now €6000 more. That's a very significant amount. This is bound to happen soon in the UK. Buy now before you find that the car costs more than you want to pay.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Expect your final pension scheme is paid in the UK so you can't get your money out. It was inevitable.... mind you I saw the reverse of the 20 percent of my money invested outside the UK :). FTSE did well since the companies are more dollar based, whilst UK mid caps not so well.

The Brits won't be laughing after they have taken back control and found they are stuffed.... the election will be interesting in four years time. I suspect another Seat price rise in the spring and so forth. You can't hide currency changes indefinitely. Oh and if no tariff agreement add another 10 percent on for good measure at world trade default levels.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It's a car in demand at present. Eventually, they'll be a different make/model that replaces that demand. If the demand is NOT there, then to increase the price would be commercial suicide. At the moment they can raise the prices regardless of any reasoning. That's how the capitalist merry-go-round works. It'll still be cheaper than the new Peugeot 3008. ;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As I mentioned in my first post, the price increase has indeed taken effect as from today, and is already reflected in their on-line configuration pages.

This shows me that if I ordered the same upgraded SE model now, it would cost me £600 more than it did 2 weeks ago!

As visitors to their site will have seen though they are now offering an extra £1,000 off any new SEAT, including the brand New Ateca, as part of their "Beautifully Created Winter Drive" deal.

The £500 "test drive voucher" scheme has now been discontinued, although they have told me that they will still honour any vouchers which have already been issued.

The £250 voucher obtainable through the 'Configuration' option has also gone, so anyone who buys from now on is still likely to end up paying more for their new car, which was inevitable really, I suppose!

The new price list doesn't seem to be available for download from their main website yet though, although I am sure it will not be too long before it is!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
My theory is that over the next couple of year, the 10 - 15 percent cost of Brexit in the price probably will be matched against the level of discount you get after launch of any new car over that period, so everything being equal it won't come down in price but will stay about same in real terms. So far it's looking like it then. The discount and exchange hikes will net off each other.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
OK... Google Now offered me this, this morning from the Express on the offer

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/746087/Seat-Ateca-deal-offers-discount-new-models-money-off-new-car

So, in the spirit of giving, I'm sure our new offer will tempt plenty of off- and online Christmas shoppers and New Year sale bargain-hunters into our showrooms over the next few weeks.

Vehicles must be registered and handed over between 1 January and 31 March 2017.
I think customer services will be getting alot of phone calls if delivery shifts beyond March. The offer also applies to the new Leon.

·
Registered
338 Posts
"So, in the spirit of not giving........we can't guarantee you will take delivery before the 31 March therefore you have no chance of using the voucher on an Ateca. The older Ibiza & Leon models, you have a much better chance. "

It's a marketing ploy to shift the older models ready to make way for the new Ibiza & Leon ranges.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I heard a radio advert this morning from Seat about their £1000 contribution towards any new Seat including their new SUV Ateca. It seams as Montala says the £500 & £250 have been shelved and this takes its place.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm quite glad I managed to get my order in just before the price increase then! But it's all a game of snakes and ladders anyway - the instant depreciation when you drive a new car off the forecourt wildly exceeds any discounts the manufacturer or dealers are ever likely to offer...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.