Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Any advice welcomed.

My Ateca is only 2 months old. Recently I've been having to deal with a great deal of condensation on the inside of my windows. I've checked other cars around and they don't have it at the time. Other morning it took forever to clear, then at lunch time I had to clear it again, and again in the evening. There is actual drip marks.

Any ideas or things I can check?

Thanks,

Sam

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Putting to one side that you possibly don't have a heated windscreen, air con filters incorrectly fitted are suppose to create it although I've never had that one myself. My old Altea was a nuisance with front condensation so that's why I took the heated windscreen option since the fan took forever to shift it.

https://www.confused.com/on-the-road/maintenance/how-to-beat-condensation-in-your-car

If its the pollen filture incorrectly fitted that you can get condensation. Obviously you keep the aircon on in winter. Diesel engines can take an eternity to heat up and low blower speed can make the matter worse. That was my Altea issue.

I'm sure someone will tell you where the pollen filture is. Probably passenger side. You could get the garage to check that your aircon is functioning correctly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. No heated windscreen. Haven't had this problem in other cars so didn't see the need! I'm going to check the carpets for moisture this weekend. And I guess if I just pop into a Seat garage they may be able to have a wee look.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Didn't know you had an Altea tell? You never mentioned it.. :lol: :lol:

I've been having similar issues with excessive windscreen condensation too...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I had it one time in my Yeti and realised was after cleaning and they'd put damp mats in

No issuing ateca so far

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Ghiggz said:
Didn't know you had an Altea tell? You never mentioned it.. :lol: :lol:

I've been having similar issues with excessive windscreen condensation too...
Might have mentioned it before, it gets Leon Mk3 owners hot and bothered since the design went into that via the Mk2 Leon and Walter Maria de Silva then the Mk3 which is Art Deco influenced.... :).

Mind you I think it's the Spanish design they don't have condensation. When I was working I had days of mopping down the windscreen. The watch word was never to touch it but with the Altea I kept a face flannel to mop the windscreen down else I'd never get away. Had a four hour commute for three years, half the year, 40 minutes of defrosting and screen mopping down in the winter months. To the station, two or three train changes, return, defrosting and mopping down.

·
Registered
918 Posts
samanthaanne said:
Hi there,

Any advice welcomed.

My Ateca is only 2 months old. Recently I've been having to deal with a great deal of condensation on the inside of my windows. I've checked other cars around and they don't have it at the time. Other morning it took forever to clear, then at lunch time I had to clear it again, and again in the evening. There is actual drip marks.

Any ideas or things I can check?

Thanks,

Sam
If it persists, get your dealer to check the air con drainage under the car is not blocked; air con dries the air inside the car and removes a lot of moisture. It it doesn't drain properly it can recondense back inside the car. If all is working well, on dry days you'll notice a puddle under the car if parked after a while as the water drops out underneath. Other possibilities are as Tell mentions. :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
trogette said:
I'm surprised no-one's asked what you've been doing to steam it up that much yet. Must be cos you're new :D
:lol:

·
Registered
245 Posts
I had some issues with this on my previous car in the last few weeks as well, especially on the rear window. I think it was down to the scraper I was using to clear the frost off the windows. It had a foam piece that was retaining water. When the car had the sun on it, it heated up and the water would start to evaporate until it hit the rear window. I kept the scraper in the boot and when parked at work, it was that side that generally got the sun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.