Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the car today for its first wash. Now the rear view camera is showing my entire reg plate in all its fisheye glory.

Anyone know if this is a quick fix or adjustment? I've actually left my manual in my gym bag at work so hopefully someone else can enlighten me.

·
Registered
918 Posts
shug371 said:
Took the car today for its first wash. Now the rear view camera is showing my entire reg plate in all its fisheye glory.

Anyone know if this is a quick fix or adjustment? I've actually left my manual in my gym bag at work so hopefully someone else can enlighten me.
Shug, mine does this too, but seems to be intermittent. My suspicion is that water drops may gather on the lens and alter the view temporarily; water acts like another lens on the camera. I've not thought that it compromises the rear view effectiveness however. :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Give it a wipe but the manual warns against high speed jet washes. I'd assumed they push the lens in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wiped it and 'jiggled' but still the same. I know it will drive me crazy....It's just the fact that my reg ends in 'jzm' and seeing that exact grouping of letters every time I reverse is going to sit in my subconscious all day.......and I have to reverse a lot.

·
Registered
918 Posts
shug371 said:
Wiped it and 'jiggled' but still the same. I know it will drive me crazy....It's just the fact that my reg ends in 'jzm' and seeing that exact grouping of letters every time I reverse is going to sit in my subconscious all day.......and I have to reverse a lot.
I'd have asked for a different registration number :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Y Y Y

Sounds like dislodged to me

Wiped mine today, no jiggle at all ...

;)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
Y Y Y

Sounds like dislodged to me

Wiped mine today, no jiggle at all ...

;)
Well, my jiggle seems intermittent and seems to come and go, wipe or no wipe :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
:shock:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The mrs likes the reg......finds it funny. It's really her car afterall.

The end result of alot of jiggling I suppose :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Think they are held in a rubber mount that can get pushed in hence the text about pressure washing.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
shug371 said:

:lol:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
shug371 said:

:lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Goodness gracious me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts