Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just realised that I have now made over 55 posts on this Forum, and I haven't even introduced myself properly yet... how rude! :)

Anyway, I reckon I must be up amongst the more 'senior' members on here, having been retired for more than 20 years... mind you I did retire very early, and after quite a few house moves, I have ended up, together with my lovely wife, living in a 300 year old, Grade 2 listed, thatched cottage in rural Herefordshire.

We have had a car each for quite a few years now, and while she is currently driving a Ford Fiesta, my two-year-old Peugeot 2008 is shortly to be replaced by a new SEAT Ateca... just as soon as they can build one for me!

Although I have detailed my spec before, for the sake of completeness, I will list it again here.

I made the decision to go for a 1.4TSi SE in Rodium Grey, with the following additions:

Heated windscreen - including Convenience Pack

Park assist system with steering assist

Keyless enter and Go with deadlocks

Navigation system pack - Ateca

As my order was only placed on Thursday 8th December, I have not yet received an estimated built date from SEAT, although my dealer has assured me that I will do so before Christmas. At the moment I just have a provisional delivery date of 1st May 2017, but as my current PCP agreement doesn't finish until the end of October, I am not overly concerned.

Basically, I ended up 'playing off' two local dealers against each other, both of whom had initially quoted me a lower figure than the best one I received through CarWow. One was a 'multi-franchise' main dealer, whilst the other, although part of a large group, dedicates each showroom to a single brand, and I rather liked the idea of buying from somewhere where the sales staff, and also the technicians, only dealt with the SEAT brand.

Following the usual negotiation 'route' I started off by talking with a 'Sales Executive' but eventually I felt that I had managed to secure a good deal when, after nearly two hours of serious 'number crunching', their retail manager then had to obtain authorisation from his dealer principal before the we reached the final figure.

Anyway, I am more than happy with the end result, and have managed to secure exactly what I wanted, for a price I was prepared to pay, and feel that I am dealing with a very polite, professional, but friendly organisation, who all work well together, and who value their customers!

So, there you have it... introduction over, and a big thank you to everyone on here for their comments, and for the help and advice I have already been given! :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
And what a fine introduction, too, Montala ! :D

A pleasure to be in the Ateca 'club' with you. Just can't say I've the pleasure, yet, of retirement :lol:

Keep posting until the car arrives, and after ;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you kind sir. :oops:

It is a pleasure to be here also, and I am sure I will be learning a lot more over the next few months, while I am waiting for my Ateca to be built!

I can already see that I have made a great choice! :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I've only managed 3 years retirement and 2 of those was spent on house clearances and sorting out family affairs. Was a workaholic till I did the sums and decided I'd stop, that nice Mr George Osborne to thank for that.

Nice to have a dealer that values your custom. Seat dealers are a bit patchy so I got my previous Seat serviced where the family resided and until no more, then a dealer that turned into a rubbish one closer to home and then changed to one a bit further a field that I trust with a technologically advanced car such as the Ateca - family owned business. The closer one has engineering bush skills of twisted wires etc and speaks 18 languages between then but of zero use if they are totally use less.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Montala and welcome, great intro mate, I'm sure she will look fantastic parked on the drive on of any house in a lovely part of the country. You made me jealous describing where you lived never mind the car. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi! I hear you on the dealers, they can make so much difference. We were so happy with our Fiat main dealers even though they're not the local ones (but they were the nearest that did warranty servicing), but they changed hands and the atmosphere became so much more laddish and less family in the showroom. Sad really.

Hopefully your build date and delivery will be moved up as quickly as ours has been!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.