Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all.
I’ve just purchased a 2021 spec Seat Ateca 1.5 Fr sport, and I’m not entirely sure if my ACC and lane assist are working correctly.
I’ve tried operating the cruise control and that seems to works ok, but doesn’t slow down when approaching another vehicle. I’ve tried reading the manual but I’m not sure I totally understand the system yet.
Any advice would be very much appreciated Thankyou.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't think that spec Ateca gets ACC and lane keeping assist, I think it's just basic cruise control and a speed limit function. I do believe it's the xperience and xperience lux specs that get that function. I have an xperience spec and find sometimes using ACC when overtaking it tends to think that I'm undertaking or something as it picks up cars on the lane next to yours if there's nothing in front for the radar to detect. I hardly use it for that reason.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think that spec Ateca gets ACC and lane keeping assist, I think it's just basic cruise control and a speed limit function. I do believe it's the xperience and xperience lux specs that get that function. I have an xperience spec and find sometimes using ACC when overtaking it tends to think that I'm undertaking or something as it picks up cars on the lane next to yours if there's nothing in front for the radar to detect. I hardly use it for that reason.
Thankyou for clearing this up for me Josh. I was on the understanding that all versions of the Ateca came with ACC and lane assist as standard 😢😢😢

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you go on autotrader or something and look at xperience ateca's you'll see the camera positioned above the sensor for the lights and wipers. If you then have a look at your Ateca you'll notice what is missing for that system and with the way Seat sell their cars now the options list is basically the sunroof and tow bar rather than giving folk the option to spec it if they prefer the look of the fr sport trim rather than xperience

·
Registered
92 Posts
The prevention of undertaking can be switched off by using OBDELeven. There is an intermittent (sensor?) fault with some facelifts that causes the car to think it should be driving on the left so it does not overtake on ACC because it thinks it is undertaking. On mine, the units also change to km.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts