1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Some are a little pricey like the coin organiser. The dogs are very good value mind you.

Think I'm mulling over the boot protector. I'd like to know how slippery it is since I want want to slide my chiller box forward and backwards on it.

This brochure will be one that they are planning to have in the showrooms for the launch. The other that we have seen in PDF form are now in glowing colour brochures, least in the dealer I visited last Sunday. The accessory one wasn't there, so this completes are enhances them.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm thinking of a boot protector as well. Like the look of the reversible one which I've never seen mentioned anywhere else. I find it weird how the "Double floor (not available with space saving spare wheel on 4WD versions)" which is in the price-list brochure doesn't seem to be mentioned in this one.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The tray which lays flat with the loading area caught my eye as long as you can slide things on it, probably not designed for that. Probably stops a build up of dirt in the edges if you carry alot of grubby stuff in it. Problem with trays and carpets you got to put them somewhere when you access the lower area.

It's the useful double floor I'm loosing from my Altea that also has a full size wheel with a carpet over it in the Ateca space crunch. Mainly it's the 4x4 gear box that leads to this plus the use of the plastic form down in that area. As JaEr said the boot is the weakness in the Ateca starting off with the cover not being foldable but one solid piece. Basically the design ethos is they don't expect you to access this lower area so they haven't made it easy.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ive already gone for the protection pack as its the best way to get Mats Mudflaps and a boot tray protector, as ive mentioned in my other thread there are a few things starting to appear on other sites now and there are some far superior dog accessories on eBay (non slip dog hammock that will keep your leather seats scratch free and stop them clambering forward from the back seat.

Its worth noting i have just bought Autoglym HD wax from halfords for £45 and because they have a 3 for 2 on car cleaning i didnt pay a penny for my supper resin polish set once i had bought the leather care pack.

I personally would also look into propper detailing companies when thinking about Autoglym paint work protection, often dealership valeters would not spend the same amount of time and effort private companies would applying these products as they have lots of cars to wash and prep daily (all the service cars and demonstrators) think wisely anyway as local detailing company qouted me £250 and he said it would take him at least 5 hours if not more and thats only because its a brand new car.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Just found this website that seems to have all the Ateca accessories at reduced costs :eek: Anyone heard of them before?

http://www.seatpartsshop.co.uk/category/SEAT_Ateca_2017,b.html
Yep, I know them

Is my local Seat dealer and where my car is coming from

My experience so far is good and I'm grabbing some bits off there ready for mine :)

I was going to recommend them when I saw title of the thread but you've already found them

They are Seat and Skoda dealers - long established firm

:)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
http://www.seatpartsshop.co.uk/category/SEAT_Ateca_2017,b.html[/quote]

Yep, I know them

My experience so far is good and I'm grabbing some bits off there ready for mine :)

I was going to recommend them when I saw title of the thread but you've already found them

:)[/quote]

Thanks Saggy. You are probably fine going into their physical shop to buy these but looks like their website isn't so good. They have an invalid mismatched SSL certificate when you go to pay, so well dodgy to leave credit card details :eek: I tested it to see how much delivery would be. On top of that delivery brings it nearly back to normal price. I also think it includes fitting if I bought from my local dealership.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Ohhh I'll ring them in the morning and tell them what you found as I'm sure they are genuine but not helping themselves with that!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Not sure if its a genuine site as when i looked around the page in the footer it seems half the template is still there telling them what to write there. Id call them and let them know.

ps. Roof bars etc are starting to appear on Amazon.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Saggy said:
Yep, I know them

:)
Kindness71 said:
Thanks Saggy. You are probably fine going into their physical shop to buy these but looks like their website isn't so good. They have an invalid mismatched SSL certificate when you go to pay, so well dodgy to leave credit card details :eek: I tested it to see how much delivery would be. On top of that delivery brings it nearly back to normal price. I also think it includes fitting if I bought from my local dealership.
I have just spoken to the Dealership Parts Dept. They are already in the process of getting this sorted and will have it resolved ASAP. In the meantime if anyone is looking to purchase they are happy to take telephone orders.

This is the link to their parent site http://www.dennishorton.co.uk/

I don't have any affiliation with them at all but have known of them of old as a long standing company and I have just placed my Ateca order with them :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Saggy looks like they have sorted the website certificate out so all good to buy online with them now :) It also looks like you will make quite a saving from them if you buy multiple items as delivery seems to stay at £15 regardless. Thanks for getting them to fix it, I might just get the few extras I am after from them.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Glad it's sorted kindness

I'm going to get them to sort me the red dash trims and fit before I pick up

Loads of bits I'd like - quite fancy the grill and fog light trims as well but unless I win the lottery before then I just can't do it.
I've got to draw the line somewhere lol

I can't wait ..... :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.