Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been sent a video of my car from the dealer (going to see it next Monday, not actually taking delivery until March 1st so no rush). I did order some accessories, trim etc. I was told today that the Front Grille Moulding is out of stock in the UK (I have checked with other dealers). I hope that they become available again before I take the car. :eek:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Leon, just ordered a load of grills from Hortons seat shop 15% off, big saving compared to dealership cost plus fitting . Diy should be easy as I think most are stick one.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Taffy when they sourced and fitted all my bits Adam there said the only awkward one is the colour trim on steering wheel as they have to take it apart and be careful because of the airbag

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks Saggy, but only going for a bit of chrome/silver to contrast with the black exterior, hopefully will really show it off, only gutted a couple of chrome pieces still cost £480.00 though, think they should already be on the xcellence, although maybe not all colours really need them, yours looks great with them on, hope my looks just as good. :p

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Taffy2 said:
Leon, just ordered a load of grills from Hortons seat shop 15% off, big saving compared to dealership cost plus fitting . Diy should be easy as I think most are stick one.
I tried them earlier and they have no stock. It will take 2/3 weeks to order from Spain. None available in the UK, you must have taken them all? :eek:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Leon just received an email from Hortons seat shop to inform me my chrome pieces have been dispatched, except for front grill which is out of stock as you say, but he told me will be sent on within a day or two. Ordered front chrome/silver front grill, front fog surround, boot protector and door protectors if that's any help. Saved at least £170.00 off my dealerships but that was fitting as well.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Taffy2 said:
Leon just received an email from Hortons seat shop to inform me my chrome pieces have been dispatched, except for front grill which is out of stock as you say, but he told me will be sent on within a day or two. Ordered front chrome/silver front grill, front fog surround, boot protector and door protectors if that's any help. Saved at least £170.00 off my dealerships but that was fitting as well.
Well I hope that you do get the front grille moulding in a day or two but they informed me that they would have to order from Spain and it would take 2/3 weeks. Other dealers don't know when they'll be available again. I have 8 weeks before I'm taking delivery so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll be available again before then.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Taffy

door protectors? for the sills?

the excellence comes with some as standard in front (well at least mine did)............. I nearly ordered some but was more luck than judgement I didn't

·
Registered
220 Posts
Might of MIS led you on door protectors, this is external not internal solid protectors, and they better not be standard on the xcellence. :x

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Taffy2 said:
Might of MIS led you on door protectors, this is external not internal solid protectors, and they better not be standard on the xcellence. :x
ahhh the ones like Nate has I the pic you mean

i'll shurrup now lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
Come on Saggy, keep it coming think you can get that 1000th post tonight, move over Tell make room for Saggy on that pedestal.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Taffy2 said:
Come on Saggy, keep it coming think you can get that 1000th post tonight, move over Tell make room for Saggy on that pedestal.
They'll only fight over the space, or might need a boot mat to prevent one of them slipping off :lol:

Think Saggy deserves her own pedestal ;) :p

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
mcderms said:
Taffy2 said:
They'll only fight over the space, or might need a boot mat to prevent one of them slipping off :lol:

:mrgreen:

Why do I need my own

Suggesting I need that much room

You implying I'm fat? :shock: :eek:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
mcderms said:
Taffy2 said:

:mrgreen:

Why do I need my own

Suggesting I need that much room

You implying I'm fat? :shock: :eek:
I am implying no such thing :eek: :eek: !

Why should you have to share, that's all.?? :D :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Sharing isn't always bad :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
Sharing isn't always bad :lol: :lol:
Depends what it is, lol :lol:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm considering the front grille to brighten up the grey, but want to see the car before I make a decision. I'd be interested to hear what is involved in the installation from anyone who's done it themselves. Is it tape or clips or a mixture?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Do you mean the basic lower grill surround or the big moulding that includes a new underbody protection?

·
Registered
242 Posts
The basic one. The other one is not quite my sort of thing.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Neil, got a front grill to fit myself looks really easy, just clips that fit in grill and some sticky tape if it's the smaller grill the much more expensive grill is much harder to fit. A few pics on members gallery for you to checkout.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts