Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

<t>Whats your actual Combined MPG consumption in 1.0 TSI Ecomotive 115 PS 6-speed manual?</t>

• <t>54+</t>

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • <t>51-53</t>

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • <t>48-50</t>

• <t>46-48</t>

• <t>43-45</t>

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • <t>40-42</t>

• <t>37-39</t>

• <t>34-36</t>

• <t>31-33</t>

• <t>28-30</t>

• <t><30</t>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is for MPG in the 1.0 TSI Ecomotive 115 PS 6-speed manual. What do you get? :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Long term shows 38.1 after 4k miles although settings went to zero when car went back to dealer at 2k miles. I am convinced mpg figure should improve as gradualy getting better mpg between fill ups. Also helped by removing roof bars & bike racks, which didn't seem to make much difference with last car. I drive extremely economically on mixed roads, so overall bit disappointed . Can get mid 40's driving carefully on A roads.
Cheers.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SamW said:
Long term shows 38.1 after 4k miles although settings went to zero when car went back to dealer at 2k miles. I am convinced mpg figure should improve as gradualy getting better mpg between fill ups. Also helped by removing roof bars & bike racks, which didn't seem to make much difference with last car. I drive extremely economically on mixed roads, so overall bit disappointed . Can get mid 40's driving carefully on A roads.
Cheers.
Hi Sam could you stick your vote in so we have it recorded. Cheers :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oops sorry, missed the submit button!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Mine sits at just below 35mpg since I had the car. 2500 miles. 3 or 4 200+ mile round trips on motorway doing 70-80 mph improved it, as I normally hit 30 round town under "excited" driving shall we say. That's the bulk of my mileage on short 2 mile commute to work. Could get 40+ if I drove like a saint. Have done it before, but to be honest I nearly cried it was so painful, watching the eco trainer like a hawk and coasting 😛 I get close to 45 when I stick at 70 on a motorway trip. With a few average speed drops down to 40 for road works thrown in I managed 50 mpg once!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the poll not working as people are commenting on mpg but no results showing?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Magpie86 said:
I hit submit again. Think it showed up though. I make 3 votes.
Ahh hell sorry it was just me, I hadnt clicked on the view votes button. I thought it wouldnt ask me as I created the post :roll:

·
Registered
334 Posts
I just did another 150 miles with cruise control set at 70. Had the odd flurry up to 80 to overtake but got 46.9 mpg. Happy with that!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm quite surprised how poor my mpg is. Driving on roads up to 40 mph i can get around 40mpg. When on the motorway and driving like a saint I've never achieved over 40mpg and regularly get around 35mpg. My motorway journeys are often 10 miles at a time. However ive done a few 40 mile journeys with 35 of that on the motorway and still didn't get over 40mpg. Tried with and without cruise control.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Supacook2k said:
I'm quite surprised how poor my mpg is. Driving on roads up to 40 mph i can get around 40mpg. When on the motorway and driving like a saint I've never achieved over 40mpg and regularly get around 35mpg. My motorway journeys are often 10 miles at a time. However ive done a few 40 mile journeys with 35 of that on the motorway and still didn't get over 40mpg. Tried with and without cruise control.
I presume saintly is at 70? If I drive at 80+ or dodge in and out of lanes I will sink to closer to 30 or 35mpg. It's not really the engine for economy on motorways. You many miles have you done? I would say mine is run in now at 3000 miles and having had it for 6 months.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Kindness, as you have the 1.4 engine like myself maybe you could try this out and let me know if you see an improvement in mpg. Since taking delivery always refuelled at supermarket pump, and on average have been getting about 42-44 to the gallon, but yesterday had to use an Esso garage and just on a small run home (5 miles or so) got between 49 to 53 mpg. Have heard that supermarket petrol not the same quality, but nearly 10mpg difference ?.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Taffy2 said:
Kindness, as you have the 1.4 engine like myself maybe you could try this out and let me know if you see an improvement in mpg. Since taking delivery always refuelled at supermarket pump, and on average have been getting about 42-44 to the gallon, but yesterday had to use an Esso garage and just on a small run home (5 miles or so) got between 49 to 53 mpg. Have heard that supermarket petrol not the same quality, but nearly 10mpg difference ?.
Thanks Taffy I will give it a go. Was it the standard Synergy Unleaded (95 octane) or the Synergy Supreme+ Unleaded (97 octane) that you used? I have tried the coop' s premium unleaded but didn't notice any difference. I usually just get Asda standard petrol and currently getting 39.5mpg :roll: I might have to wait to try this though as my son is picking up his 2015 Seat Leon ST FR from my dealer on Monday/Tuesday who has promised to fill my tank with being a returning customer :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just standard unleaded, jury still out if it was the change of fuel or not, but got full tank now so will keep an eye on it and report back. Thanks for the reply by the way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree with Magpie86, most of my driving is short journeys on lanes and A roads. Current long term mpg shows 40.1 after 5200 miles, that's driving like a saint. Went a 15 mile run on a dual carriageway yesterday, 70-80mph, and it showed journey average of 33.5 after giving it a bit of Welly. I alternate between supermarket petrol and leading brand.
Last car, Octavia Vrs TDI went much better on leading brand diesel and not the superdiesel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
1500 miles and average is sitting at 51as of today been rising steadily since delivery

1 - 17 of 17 Posts