Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the owners manual in the Techincal section and came across Page 279 refering to AdBlue the diesel additive.
Does Adblue need to be added in the Diesel models? I have heard of it in trucks but not cars.
If so this could swing my choice towards petrol.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Only the 2 litre. Goes in a filler by the diesel cap. Gives you a range of 5,500 miles. Tank takes 11 litres or so. 60p a litre DIY at commercial lorry pumps, four times in a bottle or some tings like that. No sweat. You get a warning at 1,500 miles and will start to go critical when you get down to the limits but given you have 1,500 early warning plenty of time to act.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Also, it's not a diesel additive. It's sent directly into a part of the exhaust which triggers a chemical reaction to remove the NOx from the emissions. The more economical you drive the less adblue you use!

Welcome by the way.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I tend to think modern diesels are like the output of sewage works, you could drink it but you wouldn't want to. Modern diesels don't smell apart from during the regeneration phase every 200 miles or so. Your chrome tailpipe keeps clean and no longer sooty since that's all filtered out.

No if you were silly enough to put AdBlue in the fuel tank it would wreck it but anybody handling it would know not to be stupid... one hopes. Seat dealers are more than happy to handle that side for a charge, think that's about £40 from memory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts