Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like I'm going to order a 1.4 TSI SE, and I was going to go for the cheapskate blue option. but looking at some of the photos on this site, it does look a tad lifeless. Anyone care to comment?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
DavidS is the one to comment as he owns one

It looks like a blue I had a golf in once that I really liked

Some say the red lifeless too as we've all got used to seeing metallics as the norm

Personally I like the solid colours

You need to get what makes you happy

If youre already questioning though I'd suggest you ought to chose a metallic ....

Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Saggy

Thanks for your response. I am having a good think about what I want from the car, in terms of colour, wheels and trim level. I have seen some more photos of the Med Blue (from DavidS) and it actually looks pretty good. So maybe....

·
Registered
328 Posts
It's far from lifeless, I think it looks stunning and I'm sure if you saw my car in the flesh you would agree, but then again I do own one so I may be biased :)

However, the silver and chrome bits on my car contrast with the blue beautifully, as do my 19" wheels. Personally I think it may be a colour that doesn't look so good on the lesser spec models (not sure if the SE has the chrome and silver bits that the Xcellence has???)

Ultimately though, pictures don't do the actual colour justice, it's far from flat and lifeless. And it's not the same as the rather drab dark blue you see on Leon, it's much more purposeful.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome Jim, if undecided with colour choice why not go to as many dealerships as you can because they will certainly have different colour in stock to help you make your mind up, you can still return to your original one to place your order. It's a great car but get the colour your always going to enjoy looking at and you won't regret it . Happy shopping :p

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You can also hunt the colours down at Skoda dealers by filling in the configurator, saving the PDF and picking up the the paint code from it. Seat and Skoda share colours but have different names. You won't by the Orange colour at Skoda. A Google of Skoda and the paint code then will give you the name.

Seat have little car models in the showrooms stuck onto a panel by a magnet. Grab the Ateca colour one you can find and take them into natural light. If they don't have an Ateca in, in that colour take the model too another car that has that colour and consider what the Ateca may look like it in that colour. That's what I did with my colour before launch so I could visualise it. I didn't do the Skoda visit but that's possible in hunting down the actual colour via the paint code and a Google for the Skoda name if it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Grahamn said:
Hi Jim - just to add to what others have said, you can't beat seeing the colours in the flesh - the brochure doesn't do justice to be honest.
I agree with you there Graham, as I spent a considerable amount of time trying to find a dealer who actually had one in stock in that colour, and finally tracked down a SEAT Leon with the same paint code.

In my case that convinced both my wife and myself that we would be happier with a metallic finish, but each to their own personal preference!

As I have said before, it would indeed be a dull world if we all liked exactly the same things! :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Grahamn said:
Hi Jim - just to add to what others have said, you can't beat seeing the colours in the flesh - the brochure doesn't do justice to be honest.
The brochure certainly doesn't do my Samoa orange justice

·
Registered
189 Posts
yeah the Lava Blue isn't much like the brocure either. Not that it's at its best when covered in grot like ours currently is :lol:

·
Registered
188 Posts
trogette said:
yeah the Lava Blue isn't much like the brocure either. Not that it's at its best when covered in grot like ours currently is :lol:
I wouldn't have considered Lava Blue, but one of the dealer demonstrator cars was that colour. Absolutely no resemblance to the brochure pic!

·
Registered
118 Posts
PaulT00 said:
trogette said:
I wouldn't have considered Lava Blue, but one of the dealer demonstrator cars was that colour. Absolutely no resemblance to the brochure pic!
I took a chance and I am glad that I did...
Lots of people have commented on the colour....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the posts. And sorry DavidS, didn't mean to cause offence to your beautiful vehicle 😜. I went for the Lava Blue in the end, as I like the way it changes from a deep blue to a blue/green depending on the weather/light conditions.

I also got carried away and went for the Xcellence trim, as I realised I was happy to spend more to get the Nav (with DAB!) and LED lights plus all the other standard gizmos with that trim. I resisted all the extra toys as I really don't NEED them, despite the fact I may WANT them :lol:

I have to stop myself repeatedly watching the reviews, particularly everyone's favourite German, Thomas, but I'm just terribly excited about its arrival....in May/June.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.