Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unprompted, my friendly dealer has just sent me another screen dump of his system showing that I now have a VIN and Engine No. :D . I'm at Status 38 so it should be heading out of the door shortly.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
tobydog said:
Unprompted, my friendly dealer has just sent me another screen dump of his system showing that I now have a VIN and Engine No. :D . I'm at Status 38 so it should be heading out of the door shortly.
It feels more real once you know it actually exists doesn't it! :lol:

Just be patient now, took mine nearly a month to make its way from the factory to the dealer, well worth the wait though! :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes - I even asked if I could choose the number plate but I need to wait for it to arrive first :roll: . I can't chase things up anymore than I have because it's on target already.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now at Status Code 40. The ship has arrived in Sheerness and is waiting to be unloaded. The SEAT screen dump I get sent now shows the next destination as being the dealership in Colchester :D . Looking at a collection during the week of 19th June. I'm sure there are other nice shiny Ateca's on-board destined for forum members.

·
Registered
60 Posts
tobydog said:
Now at Status Code 40. The ship has arrived in Sheerness and is waiting to be unloaded. The SEAT screen dump I get sent now shows the next destination as being the dealership in Colchester :D . Looking at a collection during the week of 19th June. I'm sure there are other nice shiny Ateca's on-board destined for forum members.
Mine is too! :D :D :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep! Me too!! Car Number plate issued yesterday, just need the car to attach it to. Doh!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Car arrives at dealer on Monday :) . Should be picking up Thursday or Friday. Dealer won't confirm a pickup until they have done all their checks. I presume this might include the minor ESC recall. Chosen number plate. It arrived in Sheerness in 6th June so hopefully others who's cars were on the same boat should find their cars are on the road on Monday as well.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Woo hoo! Congrats

Were you BW 22?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, I was build week 20. So far the timings have gone like clockwork and should pick it up in week 12 after ordering.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Picking her / him / it up at 10am tomorrow :D . Bit of a panic at 8pm tonight when I realised I hadn't transferred my insurance over. Thankfully Aviva were working late.

Had to part exchange in the end. Due to timings I didn't have time to sell privately. Probably cost me £1,000 but not much I could do.

Photos will follow.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yeh I found aviva to be massively cheaper than any other insurer, even admiral. Tho this is I'm sure a large part due to aviva asking if I had claims in the last 4 years but my claim was just over 4 years ago. Admiral and others ask for 5 years....

·
Registered
122 Posts
kee said:
Yeh I found aviva to be massively cheaper than any other insurer, even admiral. Tho this is I'm sure a large part due to aviva asking if I had claims in the last 4 years but my claim was just over 4 years ago. Admiral and others ask for 5 years....
Yeah i just renewed my insurance this week and was surprised that Avia (Quote me Happy branch) was the cheapest for both the Ateca and the Ibiza, even over the usually cheapest Admiral. As i was with Admiral last year as they were best cover and Chris Knott had changed their price match policy, i went back to Admiral and they eventually matched the quotes of Aviva (after their original renewal price for the Ateca was 33% higher than last year and the Ibiza 22%!).

Good luck with all those picking up their Ateca's this week :D

·
Registered
526 Posts
My golf gti costs about 770 to insure, I did a quote for switching to the Ateca and they're asking for 40 quid extra premium! Aviva offering 360 and with a lower excess. I'm not even going to bother letting admiral quote again!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts