Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just found this YouTube video showing someone controlling the car with what appears to be Amazon Alexa!

It's a foreign video, however does anyone know how this has been done? Could they just be using an Amazon phone?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Seems to me like someone asking Alexa to switch the windscreen wipers on but, Alexa was trying to explain that she was too busy reading 50 Shades of Grey and to come back later!! :lol:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Download the Alexa app onto your mobile. Link your phone through Bluetooth and speak to Alexa. Or......get a life!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't believe the Alexa App works like that - it is just used for settings on your Alexa devices.

I thought it would be useful to control my home automation gadgets while I'm out and about! I'm not too sure if Siri supports Apple HomeKit via Apple CarPlay as this would enable me to control some of my devices, however Alexa offers better integration.

I'm looking forward to testing Siri out when I collect my car in a few weeks time!

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's in german and from what I gather here's what's going on: He starts out claiming that VW are working on integrating Alexa in their cars and that he has come up with a solution himself. No explanation on how - or which steps were involved, at all. Followed by 8 minutes of him basically just talking to his Alexa device. Asking Alexa about the weather, playing a game of rock-paper-scissors, asking what's playing in the cinema tonight and requesting specific songs and radio stations.

I don't see ANY car controlling going on, and I suspect his solution is connecting his Alexa device to the AUX input of the Ateca.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Its German and he was just asking Alexa general questions - play songs, weather, calendar...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts