Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner here, car arrived yesterday, 1.6 SE Technology in a very pretty Lava Blue.

I thought all Atecas had ambient lighting, mine doesn't appear to or is there a magic button to turn it on?

Please help the manual isn't very clear on this.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My brochure says that all models, except S, have ambient lighting and front footwell illumination.
Excellence has multi colour internal ambient lighting &LED interior illumination.

From brouchure 09/2016.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Leon said:
Hi
Only the Xcellence has the ambient lighting as standard . It's an option on the SE Tech.
No, only the Xcellence has multi-colour advanced interior ambient lighting.

Ambient lighting is simply that red light in the overhead panel which shines down on the central console. It's very subtle - any brighter and it'd make the interior look like a Chinese brothel.

In saying that, if Saggy is still after a man then she might benefit driving around with a brighter light :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all, I have the footwell lighting and the little red dot - not quite the ambience I was hoping for !

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Sure it's turned on and adjusted up in brightness. The Xcellence started turned off as I recall, till I turned it on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can you change the colour of the footwell light? mine is white but I have my lighting on blue...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Justanotherstar said:
Can you change the colour of the footwell light? mine is white but I have my lighting on blue...
Just get a couple of Quality Street wrappers and put them round the lens. :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Leon said:
Justanotherstar said:
Just get a couple of Quality Street wrappers and put them round the lens. :lol:
Not a bad idea lol

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Purple is my favourite...

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Yes but they taste nice.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Thank you, I do

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the Ateca FR 2ltr tdi in rhodium and mine has ambient lighting.
It seems there is no set standards to these cars but I do think UK gets shafted as the EU FR model has full digital, we have to pay for it.
Not overly impressed with the manual seats either.
Its about time manufacturers realised
BELLS AND WHISTLES SELL CARS

·
Registered
65 Posts
1Unique said:
It seems there is no set standards to these cars but I do think UK gets shafted as the EU FR model has full digital, we have to pay for it.
Maybe true for you but I would rather have reliability over bells and whistles any day

·
Registered
28 Posts
1Unique said:
It would be good if we went back to being able to pick the options we want/need on our vehicle rather than being compelled to have what the manufacturer thinks we want, but do we actually get shafted compared with Euro spec? It's a bit swings and roundabouts: they get stuff as standard that we don't, we get stuff they don't. Germans buying an FR will need to put their hands in their pockets for Park Assist, metallic paint and Convenience Pack (to name but a few), all of which are included on the UK spec FR. Admittedly, at least they have an option list to be able to choose off!

·
Registered
30 Posts
The ambient lighting was switched off, as was folding mirrors and dipped nearside mirror when reversing in my xperience Ateca. May be worth looking through the menus.. hope this helps 😃

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've never understood why Seat have not continued the ambient lighting through to the rear doors and under rear footwell. It's as though the designers have completely ignored passenger experience. Other cars I've owned in this price band (£30k) with ambient lighting have always extended to rear seats. This could have neen done at a realativly low cost during manufacture. Poor oversight by Seat, in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts