Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Have been reading quite a few of the threads on here for a few weeks now and today finally signed the finance agreement for my brand new Ateca. Collecting it on Saturday and can't wait! Am moving up from a Golf Plus 2008 1.9TDI, so similar in terms of internal cabin space, but so many more benefits in terms of engine power and tech in the car! I'm originally from London, but have lived in Poland for over 9 years now and my first brand new car over here after several used ones including an Almera and an A3! Seems I have a thing for models starting with 'A'!! One thing I have noticed is that the accessories and parts available in Poland are limited compared to the UK sites. For example, the rubber boot tray. They only have the flimsy foam one available over here. Might have to do a road trip to the UK to pick one up as the standard boot floor is just not filling me with confidence!

Anyway, looking forward to reading and joining in further discussions and threads!

Have a great rest of the week!

M

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi macca, well done getting your car so quickly!

I'm assuming you've gone for a used or ex-demo model? Wish I had done the same now, could have saved some money and a long wait but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

What spec level, wheels and colour have you gone for?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Uggzy! :) Its not demo or used. Its definitely brand new. Over here though the dealers order and handful of stock with some generic options etc so that if you're not that fussy on the spec and the extras you can just take one of those a lot quicker. They know that lead times are quite long, so they know that someone will end up buying their stock instead of waiting for one to be made. This dealership just happened to have this one which I was happy with, so jumped on it before someone else did! Another dealership had some petrol engines in stock, whilst this dealership had the diesels.

I'm getting the 2.0TDI 4x4 'Style' (mid-range), extras including Comfort+ packet (park assist, kessy and full infotainment, but no sat nav), heated front windscreen, 'SAFE' alarm, Active Cruise Control, Full Link.

Very much looking forward to Saturday 9am for the pick up!! Over here they make a thing of you collecting the car, so its always covered in a massive cloth and they unveil it and then you drive it out of the showroom! Should be good! :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
macca138 said:
Thanks Uggzy! :) Its not demo or used. Its definitely brand new. Over here though the dealers order and handful of stock with some generic options etc so that if you're not that fussy on the spec and the extras you can just take one of those a lot quicker. They know that lead times are quite long, so they know that someone will end up buying their stock instead of waiting for one to be made. This dealership just happened to have this one which I was happy with, so jumped on it before someone else did! Another dealership had some petrol engines in stock, whilst this dealership had the diesels.

I'm getting the 2.0TDI 4x4 'Style' (mid-range), extras including Comfort+ packet (park assist, kessy and full infotainment, but no sat nav), heated front windscreen, 'SAFE' alarm, Active Cruise Control, Full Link.

Very much looking forward to Saturday 9am for the pick up!! Over here they make a thing of you collecting the car, so its always covered in a massive cloth and they unveil it and then you drive it out of the showroom! Should be good! :)
Wow that's a result, must be very exciting!

I dont see why the dealers dont stock cars that way here in uk, seems very daft to me, unless its simply a case that it costs them more. For some reason they seem to class cars that are in stock as 'Used' even when they only have delivery miles on clock.

Have to say I am very jealous! What colour is it?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I dont see why the dealers dont stock cars that way here in uk, seems very daft to me, unless its simply a case that it costs them more. For some reason they seem to class cars that are in stock as 'Used' even when they only have delivery miles on clock.A lot of dealers do work on this basis. When I ordered I was offered two cars of a slightly different spec that were already in the pipeline, but decided to stick with exactly what I wanted. I think it tends to be the bigger dealers who do it as they are reasonably sure that they can sell them. Although with demand for Atecas being what it is, I'm surprised more don't do it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
DSG4WD said:
I dont see why the dealers dont stock cars that way here in uk, seems very daft to me, unless its simply a case that it costs them more. For some reason they seem to class cars that are in stock as 'Used' even when they only have delivery miles on clock.A lot of dealers do work on this basis. When I ordered I was offered two cars of a slightly different spec that were already in the pipeline, but decided to stick with exactly what I wanted. I think it tends to be the bigger dealers who do it as they are reasonably sure that they can sell them. Although with demand for Atecas being what it is, I'm surprised more don't do it.
I did ask the dealer if they could get a ready-built car sourced and they were adament it would have to be factory ordered even though I was aware there were plenty available on the approved website... I'm guessing it probably had more to do with hitting sales targets and commision than anything else! Should have shopped around a bit more first, but My wife is afraid of changing dealers anyway :roll:

I wouldnt say our dealer was small in terms of sales as their cars are everywhere in my county and they are the only Seat dealer around here, but in terms of forecourt space they aren't the biggest still I'm sure they'd have the room to keep a handful in stock and wouldn't have any trouble shifting them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, not all dealers here have stock available either. It does depend on the size. The one I'm going with is a bigger dealer, and was named dealer of the year in 2015. They're a little out of town, but part of a wider dealership that also sells used cars from all brands (a bit like CarGiant).

I checked out all the cars on the market, and my decision was also impacted by the availability of finance, which isn't as advanced over here as it is in the UK. Only certain brands have a leasing type deal that you'd get in the UK. VW group are one that do have it, so in the end I was left with the Tiguan, Ateca and Kodiaq.

In the end I didn't go for the Kodiaq, because I wasn't comfortable ordering something I hadn't seen in the flesh and driven, and they were only in showrooms at the start of March over here. By then, the lead time had gone from 6 months, to at least 9 months!! They also don't have a lot included in the trim versions over here, so there's a lot of adding on which makes them very expensive. I was very close to going for the Tiguan truth be told, but again availability was limited. Then I found one in stock and available for the same price as the Ateca I'm actually going for, but when I compared the finance options (even though they are both with VW bank), the Ateca ended up being 20% cheaper in the monthly payments, despite all the specifics being the same in terms of deposit, length of the finance, mileage limit etc.

Lastly, my experience in the Seat dealerships was so much better than anywhere else. They really wanted to sell me the Ateca and show it off. They pushed me to give it some welly when I went for a test drive to show me how good it is to drive. With the others, even trying to arrange a test drive was a hassle and a chore for them.

In the end, I'm really pleased with my choice and I really can't wait for Saturday to come around! I've got a business trip to France tomorrow to Friday, otherwise I'd be trying to pick it up sooner!

Oh and its 'black magic' in colour! :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
macca138 said:
Yeah, not all dealers here have stock available either. It does depend on the size. The one I'm going with is a bigger dealer, and was named dealer of the year in 2015. They're a little out of town, but part of a wider dealership that also sells used cars from all brands (a bit like CarGiant).

I checked out all the cars on the market, and my decision was also impacted by the availability of finance, which isn't as advanced over here as it is in the UK. Only certain brands have a leasing type deal that you'd get in the UK. VW group are one that do have it, so in the end I was left with the Tiguan, Ateca and Kodiaq.

In the end I didn't go for the Kodiaq, because I wasn't comfortable ordering something I hadn't seen in the flesh and driven, and they were only in showrooms at the start of March over here. By then, the lead time had gone from 6 months, to at least 9 months!! They also don't have a lot included in the trim versions over here, so there's a lot of adding on which makes them very expensive. I was very close to going for the Tiguan truth be told, but again availability was limited. Then I found one in stock and available for the same price as the Ateca I'm actually going for, but when I compared the finance options (even though they are both with VW bank), the Ateca ended up being 20% cheaper in the monthly payments, despite all the specifics being the same in terms of deposit, length of the finance, mileage limit etc.

Lastly, my experience in the Seat dealerships was so much better than anywhere else. They really wanted to sell me the Ateca and show it off. They pushed me to give it some welly when I went for a test drive to show me how good it is to drive. With the others, even trying to arrange a test drive was a hassle and a chore for them.

In the end, I'm really pleased with my choice and I really can't wait for Saturday to come around! I've got a business trip to France tomorrow to Friday, otherwise I'd be trying to pick it up sooner!

Oh and its 'black magic' in colour! :)
Black Magic looks awesome, it was my original order but I decided it was time for a change as my current Leon is black, so I went back to the dealer and changed the order to rodium grey.

If I had the money I might have considered a Tiguan R-Line, but in all other trims it looks boring and imo tiguans are overpriced anyway. I think you made the right choice with the Ateca!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Congratulations on the decision :) And well done for picking up one from stock!

There are some dealers that do it here for the Ateca and Seat's own retail store in Thurrock Lakeside, London only sells cars from stock (I could have walked away with a 1.4TSI XCellence in Samoa Orange in Feb if I didn't want the spare wheel/extended warranty/double boot options - it went as soon as the registration plates changed though).

As always it's really the dealers that make or break it; my experience of the local VW dealers here is exactly the same as yours - they couldn't care less, nor could Audi either. Probably the area I live in though!

Good luck with the Saturday pick up - and don't forget to post pictures in the gallery thread so the rest of us can get jealous while we're waiting for ours!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Etchings said:
Congratulations on the decision :) And well done for picking up one from stock!

There are some dealers that do it here for the Ateca and Seat's own retail store in Thurrock Lakeside, London only sells cars from stock (I could have walked away with a 1.4TSI XCellence in Samoa Orange in Feb if I didn't want the spare wheel/extended warranty/double boot options - it went as soon as the registration plates changed though).

As always it's really the dealers that make or break it; my experience of the local VW dealers here is exactly the same as yours - they couldn't care less, nor could Audi either. Probably the area I live in though!

Good luck with the Saturday pick up - and don't forget to post pictures in the gallery thread so the rest of us can get jealous while we're waiting for ours!
Well that was silly! Boot floor is not worth the wait and the wheel can be added after! Should have driven it away mate ;)

Can't help but notice you have the same colour and similar spec to me on your order and the same build week despite ordering mine mid February...
When did you get your last build estimate? last week mine changed from week 15 to 18. I won't be happy if yours arrives before mine! :lol:

Perhaps week 18 is Rodium Grey week :p

·
Registered
778 Posts
Uggzy2014 said:
Well that was silly! Boot floor is not worth the wait and the wheel can be added after! Should have driven it away mate ;)

Can't help but notice you have the same colour and similar spec to me on your order and the same build week despite ordering mine mid February...
When did you get your last build estimate? last week mine changed from week 15 to 18. I won't be happy if yours arrives before mine! :lol:

Perhaps week 18 is Rodium Grey week :p
Yeah, I decided to look around and then it went about 24th Feb so someone snapped it up for the new '17 plates. Still, I may (eventually) get the car I want to the spec I want :)

I'm hoping Week 18 is Rodium week. Haven't had an update since 2 weeks ago from my dealer so fired off an e-mail to get the latest estimate. Will give Seat UK a call tomorrow if still no update.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys! Yeah, I've always had a thing for black, my current Golf is, although my A3 was silver previously. Will definitely post pics when I get it on Saturday although the Mrs already things I'm sad for being so into it! :D She doesn't get it! ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts