Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts
Well in my opinion there are two side of these issues.
The rattle when driving. These has to fixed by the dealer.
But the rattle when pushing the stereo to its max with deep bass music. This is quite normal in most cars and nothing you can expect the dealer to fix.
BUT I am considering to have my car dampened by a special car sound shop.

The fact that a brand new car rattles when driving really drives me nuts. I am still waiting for them to receive the replacement door handle mechanism and call me for replacement under warranty but TBH I am not sure that's the real problem. Let's hope it is.

MBM said:
Well in my opinion there are two side of these issues.
The rattle when driving. These has to fixed by the dealer.
But the rattle when pushing the stereo to its max with deep bass music. This is quite normal in most cars and nothing you can expect the dealer to fix.
BUT I am considering to have my car dampened by a special car sound shop.
Agreed - and when i was younger and replacing sound systems and adding amps and woofers then yes i would expect it until i added sound deadening but as it's only that one door that rattles with the bass and not the others then if the others can take it so should that door so there must be a rattle in there - it doesn't have to be high volume for my passenger door to do it just certain bass tones. When i get a free hr i'll take a look but with having an 18 month old i 1. don't get to turn the music up much and 2. have much time for fixing :lol:

I have a 2019 Cupra Ateca that's developed an irritating vibration that appears to be coming from behind the instrument panel behind the steering wheel.
It only happens at low speeds and over certain road surfaces and it's very intermittent. It doesn't occur over full bumps or pot holes just on certain non
smooth road services, like rumble strips or rough tarmac. The car has been back to the dealer 3 times and each time they claim to have fixed the issue but to date they have not. Any ideas??

Hi, I have a 2.0 TDI 4wd Ateca 2017 and I think I have a similar issue with my car as Reevsie100 described.
Atleast mine is like washer/spacer in loose and during last autumn it would be loosing even more. I think that my car needs certain kind of vibration from road to make that noise happen. When it happens, It is irritating. My consern is that there could be going to drop some bolt in a future that makes damages?

Hi All,
I have exectly the same thing which happens especially when the vehicle is cold inside. Always in winter and sometimes other times of the year. It is definitely getting worse and is frustratingly difficult to pinpoint. I feel it's either behind the cluster or in the steering column.
If the storms ever stop, I'll try and get some of the plastics off the steering column and see if I can track down any loose cables or such.
Do you both (Revsie100 & kemppes2x) have KESSY?
For ref I have a 2017 Excellence 1.4 TSi 2WD. Non-virtual instrument cluster. W/KESSY and Winter pack.

Cheers!

Have you tried (as others have) unlocking and dropping the steering wheel and inserting some thin foam or a duster, then raising and locking it in position

I have the rattle behind the instrument panel as well and since new. Sounds like a cable vibrating against a panel or maybe a screw or something lying loose somewhere. Going to investigate myself and see if it's anything obvious.

I have the same instrument/dashboard rattle as described in the last few posts. Yes it's worse when cold and only audible on some rougher tarmac surfaces.

Tried the foam trapped under the steering column without success. I've just been out driving on broken tarmac and the vibration noise coming from behind the steering wheel is constant and irritating off the scale. Back to the dealer I think!

Hi all,

My ateca has a very annoying rattle noise coming from the dashboard at low RPMs (virtual cockpit version), However, I rest my finger on it and the sound almost disappears. Did you guys figure out any solution to that annoying problem?

Thanks

I have this annoying rattle which at first i thought was coming from the instrument cluster in my Leon FR, i tried the sponge method clamped between the steering wheel and instrument cluster, this worked at first but after a while it came back. Next i took off the plastic trim around the dials and stuck black felt around all the plastic clips and surroundings, still did not help. I then unplugged the instrument cluster and added black felt at the back of it and tightened the screws, this did not help. One day whilst tapping on the steering wheel i noticed i could replicate the rattle, i followed it down the steering column and discovered there is a rubber like material where if i push on it the rattle stops. Does anyone know what that area is? My first guess was the lower airbag for your knees.

I have just hardwired a dashcam following a YouTube video of a Tarraco. The side panel of the dash was easily levered out where the passenger airbag switch was.
This got me thinking.
Today, I took the driver's side panel off with the plastic leverage tool from the hardwire kit to try to find the source of the rattle on the right side of the instrument cluster. I noticed a wired sensor (white plastic) sticking into the air duct pipe. I assume it has something to do with the climate control. Anyway, it seemed loose and rattled when I flicked it. A very familiar sound. It actually fell out of the duct. I put my hand up from underneath the dash, pushed The sensor in and turned it clockwise to lock it in place.
After a test drive, the rattle seems to have stopped. Fingers crossed. Hope this helps.

Rattle hasn't stopped! I will not be beaten. Panel off as well as driver's knee airbag panel. Sponge stuck between gaps where I think things can vibrate. Still no luck. I feel it must be something to do with behind the digital dash. Not too sure about taking that out but I would rather solve this than have the dealer poke around.

Finally after two trips back to dealer the rattle has gone!! The annoying rattle sounded like it was coming from either behind the drivers display or the steering column area. It turned out that it was coming from the drivers knee airbag and on a test drive if you held your hand there it stopped the rattle. The dealer adjusted the airbag and plastic in that area and it seems to have solved the problem. Hope this helps anyone who might have a similar problem.

I noticed that when I tapped the airbag housing but thought it was too low to be the source of the rattle. They do throw their voices,though. I wonder how they adjusted it. Time for another look.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.