Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was quite surprised to receive another email from SEAT today, which started off:

"Hello David,
The wheels are fitted. The lights are tested. The final coat of paint is dry. Your new SEAT Ateca is ready to leave the factory and head to Listers SEAT Worcester. Interestingly, your lovely new car travels by train - the most efficient and caring way of getting it to you quickly. "

I expect that other customers in the U.K. will have received something similar also, but I thought it was a nice touch, which is making me feel quite excited, and just that bit more eager to receive my "lovely new car"! :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
What no boat is required and it does the chunnel..... they will be giving you the train engine numbers next.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Tell said:
What no boat is required and it does the chunnel..... they will be giving you the train engine numbers next.
er... you say that like it's a bad thing? :?

·
Registered
979 Posts
lol its the train transporter that goes to the Emden port in Germany from the factory then ship across to UK :lol:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Kindness71 said:
lol its the train transporter that goes to the Emden port in Germany from the factory then ship across to UK :lol:
Boo! Train would be quicker! :evil:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
But they gave Kindness the name of the boat, well the dealer did as I recall. I'm jealous I just got told which status it was on and where it was not details of transport mode....

·
Registered
188 Posts
Tell said:
But they gave Kindness the name of the boat, well the dealer did as I recall. I'm jealous I just got told which status it was on and where it was not details of transport mode....
That sound you can hear? World's smallest violin... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I take it that no one else has received a similar email then... of have you?

Just curious, as it was not something I expected! :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
PaulT00 said:
That sound you can hear? World's smallest violin... :mrgreen:
No that's my background whistling from damage from a collapsed ear drum.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Montala said:
I take it that no one else has received a similar email then... of have you?

Just curious, as it was not something I expected! :)
Perhaps they have a selection of random text they send out or your personal phone style they liked so you got a special email. I've found them very good and also confirmed that the rubbish dealership that I moved away from had issues. They had remembered what I said before. They could have not been so open but confirmed that they also got other complaints that they pass on to their regional manager who deals with that dealership. From this I get the impression that Seat UK is after weeding out duff dealers and improving the brand in the UK.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Got my Ateca in October. Had no contact from SEAT UK before delivery but was kept informed by my local dealership. I was also given the name of the ship the car was on in case I had wanted to track its arrival into the UK port (I think it was Tilbury).

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
No email or letter or anything before, during, or after from customer service

And not even when seat finance promised to send me one ..... I can't register on the finance part as my email was linked to previous pcp in the group
Said wouldsort it and email me .... no one has. This has reminded me to chase them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.