Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
jimbrimble said:
Not sure if anyone has seen this review yet but it's the most comprehensive UK review I've come across:

https://www.money4yourmotors.com/car-reviews/11174/seat/seat-ateca
Nope that's a new one by me thanks, and I've pretty much found them all :D I have however only watched the first few minutes as the bloke doing it is severally annoying me by saying its name wrong & also the Tiguan's :evil: I will persevere tomorrow and watch it all, through gritted teeth :roll:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I truly love my A-tica as well :).

I don't know where they get these guys from. There must be a school of motoring television journalists that turn them out. Still it was a nice sunny day. Only looked at a few minutes.

I thought the Dutch one was nicely shot with stabilised cameras, close ups of the various parts whilst moving. So the production value has nicely high for essentially a YouTube channel.

The shots are nice on this one with the gentle zooms and composition as I jump through it a bit more. It does beg the question of how all of this gets funded. Think these people are guys that buy your secondhand car and pick it up from you so you don't have to sell it privately or take the cut from the dealer. The ones that Honest John is interested on feed back.

Suppose their business model in the video is to dangle the sweeties so you might use them to sell your old one, assuming you got something to sell.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Just watched it through to end with a twitch every time he said the name wrong, which is does many many many bl00dy times aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh :evil: Anyway pretty good very long and informative review. Think he just stretches it to beat Thomas length of reviews. He does however mention the Cupra version as if it's available now. Think he needs to do extra investigation before reviews :roll:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kindness71 said:
Just watched it through to end with a twitch every time he said the name wrong, which is does many many many bl00dy times aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh :evil: Anyway pretty good very long and informative review. Think he just stretches it to beat Thomas length of reviews. He does however mention the Cupra version as if it's available now. Think he needs to do extra investigation before reviews :roll:
Ha! I found myself wincing every time he said "Atica" as well, and I think his news on the Cupra version must have come from the Trump administration.

However, he's probably the first reviewer who has picked up on the game changing aspect of the Ateca - namely how good it is to drive. After just 5 minutes of my test drive I realised how well this thing handles. I've had two MX-5s in the past and currently have an ecoboost Fiesta, so I tend to go for mainstream cars that handle well. And as was pointed out, the Ateca is almost unique for a crossover in its handling.

Other reviewers comment on this but then complain about the lack of comfort. Which is nonsense, but I think they miss the point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts