Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well she's here. It's been a miserable cloudy day today so no chance of getting any pictures taken in sunshine so I may post a couple more up when we get some sunny weather.

She drives really nicely, although a little firmer than my Yeti.

However we still have a couple of issues to sort out. The spare wheel still hasn't arrived and we got home to find that the sat nav isn't recognising the sd card we were given because the dealer didn't know he had to pair it with the car :( I'll have to be back on the phone again tomorrow to try and sort this out locally as the dealer we picked it up from is a fair trek - has anyone else had this problem? They are however going to get the wheel delivered to a garage just down the road from us.

Oh and we got about £200 in compensation for all the hassle :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Looking good :)

There seem to be a few teething issues for people ....

·
Registered
118 Posts
RuthB said:
Well she's here. It's been a miserable cloudy day today so no chance of getting any pictures taken in sunshine so I may post a couple more up when we get some sunny weather.

She drives really nicely, although a little firmer than my Yeti.

However we still have a couple of issues to sort out. The spare wheel still hasn't arrived and we got home to find that the sat nav isn't recognising the sd card we were given because the dealer didn't know he had to pair it with the car :( I'll have to be back on the phone again tomorrow to try and sort this out locally as the dealer we picked it up from is a fair trek - has anyone else had this problem? They are however going to get the wheel delivered to a garage just down the road from us.

Oh and we got about £200 in compensation for all the hassle :)
Very nice, too....

Cross fingers, so far, no issues....

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
£200 seems to be their standard figure irrespective of the hassle caused. Did they deduct the Seat sound system off so you weren't out of pocket on that ?.

I was impressed with the ride until it went into wallow mode like a boat crashing through a wave although in my old car and partners going the other way you get thrown around, the Ateca smooths this out like a ship without stabilizers :). I have the partner instructed to drive around pot holes not across them when they get to drive it.

Did you arrange the leaves around the front for the picture ;).

How are you finding the heated front windscreen. I find it feels like I'm looking through net curtains as I see the filaments.

The car is looking fine.

Saggy the auto stop / start is second to the left of the hazards.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Tell said:
How are you finding the heated front windscreen. I find it feels like I'm looking through net curtains as I see the filaments.
You soon get used to that Tell. I used to have a Ford Focus with heated screen and to start with it drove me mad but literally within two weeks I could actually see it at all.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
JLO said:
You soon get used to that Tell. I used to have a Ford Focus with heated screen and to start with it drove me mad but literally within two weeks I could actually see it at all.
Thanks JLO. I have a double dose in one eye with posterior vitreous detachment which I got after ordering the car, so these cobwebs move about in one eye, so now I got the filaments to look through as well. All fine after dark since the floating garbage isn't in vision like the filaments. I do like things to be clear.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ruth, she looks gorgeous. Get the teething issue sorted and enjoy the exclusivity for a few weeks. Four weeks of ownership for me and I still can't help looking out of the window at her out on the drive and beaming ear to ear!

·
Registered
425 Posts
JLO said:
Tell said:
I had a new Mondeo in 94 that had a heated front screen. I believe ford had a monopoly on it until recently but it is one of the most useful features in winter. You won't notice it after a short while, and you'll wonder how on a frosty morning you ever managed without it!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Dougie said:
Ruth, she looks gorgeous. Get the teething issue sorted and enjoy the exclusivity for a few weeks. Four weeks of ownership for me and I still can't help looking out of the window at her out on the drive and beaming ear to ear!
Ah well that Chelmsford one has been spotted again today entering / leaving Broomfield Hospital. Now said to be Mato rather than Samoa Orange, comes of having a colour blind partner, when I see it I'll know the correct colour. I didn't get too many head turns, a white van man chasing me and a Mazda female thought she needed to speed off too show her superior power but I was taking it gently. I suspect my 190 BHP had a bit more umpf than her Mazda SUV.

·
Registered
328 Posts
On the discussion of stop/start, does the 1.4 TSI have it? I currently have an Audi A5 TDI Auto and the stop/start drives me insane so I will be happy to see it omitted from my new Ateca if that is the case.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Stop and start is on the 1.0 so sure it's on the 1.4. You can always turn it off with the button on the dash.

·
Registered
328 Posts
OK that's good then, don't think it's quite as simple as that on my current car!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That was the nice bit that it is on the dash so you don't have to hunt for it in the Car settings.

I think Magpie's right that with a manual you are not so impatient than with a DSG where you expect power as you move off, not a dither.

·
Registered
122 Posts
How do you guys wish well in English when someone buys something new (a house, a car etc.)? Is there a formal or informal expression for that?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Bagheera said:
How do you guys wish well in English when someone buys something new (a house, a car etc.)? Is there a formal or informal expression for that?
I'm not aware of any general term

People will often use the expression "you flash git" to a friend to mean someone is showing off when they have something new or expensive .... I wouldn't advise you using that term though as to the wrong person it wouldn't go down well :shock:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts