Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

Ordered my new Ateca about 3 weeks ago from Seat Derby and have been given an 8 week build date so I am hoping to have the car before Christmas.

I've gone for an Xcellence 1.4 Tsi, with Seat Sound, heated windscreen and 19" alloys in Mediterranean Blue. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Med Blue was the only free colour as I think it looks very smart and would have been in my top 3 choices anyway - the fact I didn't have to pay for it swung it for me.

I test drove what I was told was a 1.4 and thought it felt quick enough without being over awed in any way. It was only when I was negotiating my deal that the sales lady realised it was a 1.0 I had driven (it was only her second day in sales!). I could have lived with the 1.0 but it only works out about £40 more a month going from a 1.0 SE Tech to a 1.4 Xcellence so was bit of a no brainer really.

Just looking forward to the call now! (hopefully not one saying it's beem delayed)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Hi David
Welcome to Atecaworld. Interesting to read your comments. I ordered a Tsi 1.4 Xcellence on 19th September and there was a 19 week waiting time for that engine, which has increased even further since then. I have been informed that at present it will be March 2017 when I should expect to be driving off in it. So if your 'quote' is correct then you will be extremely fortunate to be in receipt of a sparkling new Tsi 1.4 Ateca. I shall observe your progress with interest and possibly a tinge of jealousy! Good luck. :) Oh, I was also informed that the 19" wheels were not available until April next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm it might be worth a phone call to Seat to check on progress. I did get a call at the end of last week by the lady that sold me the car to check I still didnt want gap insurance and there was no mention of any delays.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
congrats on placing your order :)
they at a great car

not trying to put any dampners but from build there is another 6 weeks average until available for collection due to shipping (group car together and wait for ships), collection from docks, dealer prep

mine was built 24th Oct , not expecting to see her until Dec sometime

I hope I'm wrong but maybe worth just clarifying with the dealership
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just given Seat Derby a call and I was told there are no delays and I'm talking beginning of January or maybe December, which is still slightly longer than what I was told but I can live with it. They also said they'd call me the moment any news of delays came through.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
I'll have a little bet with you. You won't see it (get it...see it....Seat?) before March. I hope I'm wrong for your sake, but there are delays on the Tsi 1.4 engine. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it goes any longer than the beginning of January I'll be telling them to keep it until March anyway so it registers as a 17 car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
David_S said:
If it goes any longer than the beginning of January I'll be telling them to keep it until March anyway so it registers as a 17 car.
I had mine registered on my own plate. My kids and my father thought I was a knob-head for two reasons :? . I just said it was easier for me to remember my own plate rather than a new one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
I get that Dougy

I'm currently on a plate that is Y66 (year of birth) and my initials.

I was going to put it on but because of the 66 plates I've been able to buy SA66YYY (family nickname for me) and I just had to lol

Also if I ever remarried on my old plate their surname would have to have started with W lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
I put DU66 into the search and the best it came back with was D33 DUM! Someone somewhere is trying to tell me something! It did however tell me that the ones consecutive to mine are still available. Not sure how I'll explain that to Nicki in the morning. Apparently a bottle of Merlot and half a bottle of Taylor's isn't a valid excuse any more! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
David_S said:
Evening all,

Ordered my new Ateca about 3 weeks ago from Seat Derby and have been given an 8 week build date so I am hoping to have the car before Christmas.
I took my test drive at Seat Derby, although I couldn't order it there as mine is a company car. When my order went in (last month) I was told a 9 week build time, but I can't have it until Feb 5th when my existing contract expires. Does this mean that you are going to beat me to having the first Ateca on the streets of Derbyshire David S?

I have done about 2500 miles since release date and still not seen one on the road anywhere...The one I saw in our Birmingham office car park doesn't count!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JLO said:
David_S said:
Evening all,

Ordered my new Ateca about 3 weeks ago from Seat Derby and have been given an 8 week build date so I am hoping to have the car before Christmas.
I took my test drive at Seat Derby, although I couldn't order it there as mine is a company car. When my order went in (last month) I was told a 9 week build time, but I can't have it until Feb 5th when my existing contract expires. Does this mean that you are going to beat me to having the first Ateca on the streets of Derbyshire David S?

I have done about 2500 miles since release date and still not seen one on the road anywhere...The one I saw in our Birmingham office car park doesn't count!
If my luck is anything to go by then probably not!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
I did see one in Essex on trade plates on Saturday, quarter of a mile from a dealer, but given I'd just left the dealer and had noted the mucky one had gone, wasn't surprised. They don't look so good when they aren't clean. Slightly troubling that I'm not one of those guys pre occupied with car cleaning. Other than that the partner saw one being driven in Essex a month ago, I haven't seen one on the road except the garage's car on trade plates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,717 Posts
If it's any consolation, I have yet to see one on the road in Spain and they have been delivering them for a lot longer than in the UK.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
That ones a bit weird, it must just be the volumes are so low against the competitors. When I go on my December jaunt to Germany through France, Belgium and Luxembourg I am sort of expecting to see some, a few coffee coloured ones we don't get and the executive alcantara upholstery :).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I received my new Ateca last Thursday and ordered it about 9 weeks ago around the time it was released. I was initially given a 11 week lead time so nice to get it 2 weeks early! Have to say I'm loving it and as have yet to see a single one on the road around the Bristol area.

Simon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ssgrif said:
I received my new Ateca last Thursday and ordered it about 9 weeks ago around the time it was released. I was initially given a 11 week lead time so nice to get it 2 weeks early! Have to say I'm loving it and as have yet to see a single one on the road around the Bristol area.

Simon
Congratulations.

Did you buy direct from Seat?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,717 Posts
You probably got it quickly because it was one of the few TDI versions that were not withdrawn from sale.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
The 4Drive TDI's were not withdrawn from sale Freddie they have the AdBlue, it's the 2WD TDI's that never made it. Oh yes I asked my dealer was there any news on the 2WD TDI's 2.0 litre he said No. So the April date must be running backwards.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top