Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I ordered my Ateca on 26 February and have just been notified that my build week is 17 so I should take delivery the last week in May/first week in June.

I have managed to get a really cheap 2 year lease deal so am only getting the basic S model in Med Blue.

After reading all of the reviews I am really looking forward to getting the car, it's a real big step up from my current 2009 Citroen C1.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
welcome to th forum :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Welcome to the queue :)

And here I thought I had a big step up from my Ibiza! But it's a good car to drive - you'll love it :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Fossman

I am stepping up from a Vauxhall Astra H 2005 plate!! So, whilst I have also gone for the basic S model, it will it will still be luxurious, to me atleast..

Look at my thread, link below, and you will find a med blue pic without a roof rack there which was provided by the useful bunch here. I think both pictures show the larger 17" wheels however.

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=933

Mine was ordered beginning of this month (National Vehicle Solutions) and I was also advised build week 17 (April 24th) so to expect delivery mid - late May. At this stage, I'll take those dates with a pinch of salt.

Happy waiting.

Milo.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Milo said:
Hi Fossman

I am stepping up from a Vauxhall Astra H 2005 plate!! So, whilst I have also gone for the basic S model, it will it will still be luxurious, to me atleast..

Look at my thread, link below, and you will find a med blue pic without a roof rack there which was provided by the useful bunch here. I think both pictures show the larger 17" wheels however.

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=933

Mine was ordered beginning of this month (National Vehicle Solutions) and I was also advised build week 17 (April 24th) so to expect delivery mid - late May. At this stage, I'll take those dates with a pinch of salt.

Happy waiting.

Milo.
Hi Milo

From what I had read on Hotukdeals about the Med Blue colour I was expecting it to look rubbish but from the pics on your thread it looks to be the same colour as a Renault Clio I had back in 2002.

My C1 is a VTR so only has two extras over a bog standard model, they are electric windows and a rev counter so anything more than that will be pure luxury to me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Fossman

Have you had any update on your build week?

NVS contacting me recently advising all build weeks pushed back to week 37!

·
Registered
24 Posts
You might just about fit the c1 in the ateca boot lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have finally got her home.

Sorry about the poor picture but it's not a great day here.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just been out to my car and on the wet driveway is a little oil slick, I've had the bonnet up and can see a small pool of liquid on the engine compartment floor.

It could be something that has been spilt during the build and with being parked on a slope has just run out. I have put some cardboard under the car to see if anymore drips out.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Oh no! :( You must be gutted having just got it. Hopefully it's a quick fix. Managed to understand what it is as of yet?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No idea, it's started raining again and somehow water is dripping onto the cardboard under the car so I'm wondering if rainwater has run down off the car into the engine compartment and picked up some grease or oil.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update, I have had my car sat on another wet driveway and there is no oil slick. Must have been some left over fluids from it being built.

On a separate note does anyone have a list of features the S model should have as my car seems to differ from the brochure I had, my car does not have the black plastic around the wheel arches but it does have a speed limiter.

·
Registered
581 Posts
fossman said:
Update, I have had my car sat on another wet driveway and there is no oil slick. Must have been some left over fluids from it being built.

On a separate note does anyone have a list of features the S model should have as my car seems to differ from the brochure I had, my car does not have the black plastic around the wheel arches but it does have a speed limiter.
The link Milo posted on page 1 if this thread has the spec sheet for S and SE in it...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That was the list of specs in the brochure I had seen. I suppose the brochures do state specs are subject to change.

So the three things my car doesn't have are:
1) Black wheel arch surrounds
2) SEAT logo boot release
3) Four cargo rings in the boot

And the one thing I do have extra is the speed limiter.

·
Registered
286 Posts
fossman said:
I have finally got her home.

Sorry about the poor picture but it's not a great day here.
Looks great! Obviously very different to most Ateca's we have seen on here being an S model, looking forward to seeing some more pics when you get the chance. I would take the car back to the dealer for a check up just to make sure all is ok with the car if you have any concerns. Better to be safe than sorry ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
fossman said:
That was the list of specs in the brochure I had seen. I suppose the brochures do state specs are subject to change.

So the three things my car doesn't have are:
1) Black wheel arch surrounds
2) SEAT logo boot release
3) Four cargo rings in the boot

And the one thing I do have extra is the speed limiter.
I don't think any have the logo as a boot release. Mine is a solenoid above the number plate.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Fossman, do you like the cloth trim? Personally I wish I could get black n grey instead of black n blue in the SE.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A couple more photos.

The interior in mine looks nice (not sure what colour it is without going outside and checking).

Only thing that is concerning me is the 38mpg showing on the trip computer, I was hoping for higher but it's still early days.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts