Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is another positive review in the April edition of Whatcar!

I can't wait for mine now!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for the images being in reverse order - I uploaded them in the correct order from my phone! :roll:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Yes, another favourable review, but why do they continue to compare the Ateca with the wrong market segment? The right comparison would be with the Tiguan and Audi Q3 and BMW X1.

·
Registered
45 Posts
All of these three are in a much higher price bracket if the specifications are matched. Seat has aimed the Ateca at the Qashqai and other mid range SUVs. What Car loves the Ateca. It has come top in 4 or 5 tests with its competitors across a range of specifications including the 1 litre.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Maybe they are more expensive - in which case it proves the superiority of the Ateca. The New Arona is the equivalent size to the Q2 and Mini.

You are absolutely right - the Ateca is aimed primarily at the market leader, the Qashqai, so why was that not included in the comparison, not to mention the Puegeot 3008 and CX-5, both of which are a comparable price and size to the Ateca.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Not wanting to be a spoil sport, but you're in breach of copyright law and potentially could land the forum in trouble. :eek:

Best to remove those images and place a link to the article.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
Not wanting to be a spoil sport, but you're in breach of copyright law and potentially could land the forum in trouble. :eek:

Best to remove those images and place a link to the article.
Yes I agree you better be careful, and now that I have downloaded all of the images you put on you can remove them ;) :cool:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry - I've removed the images.

I didn't think it would be a problem as I subscribe to that publication so I was only sharing something that I have bought.

If anyone wants to read another review look at the April publication of Whatcar!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
It's a very positive review, but it's a year old.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Have we had this

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/our-cars/seat-ateca-long-term-test-review-practicality-test

I would have been praising the electric tailgate on the tip runs if I'd had it at the time. Ideal for doing a journey in one when unloading or loading the car.

I thinks it's a 4Drive without the spare from the picture hence talk of the double boot. With spare you do get a slight lip but I reckon it's designed for all those offroad trips so you don't take out the plastic tailgate surround by stuff smashing into the back, got the lip to hold it in it's place:). The bought extra double boot if you haven't got a spare must take the lip out rather than the 2 - 3" drop with what comes with the spare configuration in the 4Drive.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I only received the email from Whatcar that contained the link to the review today!

The first page of the review has yesterday's date, however the subsequent pages revert back to 2016 so I don't know if that is just a typo as I think it is strange why they would circulate a review from a year ago!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Tell said:
Have we had this

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/our-cars/seat-ateca-long-term-test-review-practicality-test

I would have been praising the electric tailgate on the tip runs if I'd had it at the time. Ideal for doing a journey in one when unloading or loading the car.

I thinks it's a 4Drive without the spare from the picture hence talk of the double boot. With spare you do get a slight lip but I reckon it's designed for all those offroad trips so you don't take out the plastic tailgate surround by stuff smashing into the back, got the lip to hold it in it's place:). The bought extra double boot if you haven't got a spare must take the lip out rather than the 2 - 3" drop with what comes with the spare configuration in the 4Drive.
I saw it yesterday, but felt too short and not enough info for a review so didn't post about it ;)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Yes but I preached the glory of the electric tailgate. From that picture I think they have it unless the arm is thick in the ones without. I'd be saying how good it was.

I'm not really impressed with some of the journalist reviews that they are thin. The Diesel Car ones have been a bit lacking apart from when he damaged the wall of the tyre, didn't have a spare and preached the merits of having a spare rather than a tyre kit that is no use on ruptured tyres.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Jonny said:
I only received the email from Whatcar that contained the link to the review today!

The first page of the review has yesterday's date, however the subsequent pages revert back to 2016 so I don't know if that is just a typo as I think it is strange why they would circulate a review from a year ago!
It confused me as I was certain I had read it before. It's easily missed as there were two dates on the first page, both almost the same but the years were different!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I cannot provide dates but the Ateca has been tested by What Car against the Qashqai and other likely competitors in various specs over the last year in various tests. May be the What Car website can help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts