Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Is to do with exchange rates and went up 21st Dec .... unless yet another one?

However now offering vouchers for 1k off rather than £500 :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Jim, and welcome to the Forum! :)

What Saggy says is almost certainly correct.

I actually started a thread on this subject back in mid -December, which you can read at: http://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=495

It would be a bit sneaky if they have increased prices again already, although I think that their 'January Offer' has in fact just finished, but they still seem to be offering £1000 off in their latest TV advert.

Has anyone else heard anything more about this?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Does that offer say deliver by end of March ?. That was the £1,000 offer after the price rise.

Google had £1,000 offer but opened to this

http://www.seat.co.uk/offers/new-cars/new-car-offers.html

This offer is valid from 24th January to 31st March 2017. Retail customers only. New car sales only. Cars must be ordered between 24th January and 31st March 2017 and registered before 30th June 2017.
Thats the £500 test drive offer.

Think the £1,000 offer was to smooth the price rise but obviously other local deals you might get. They will only go up in price as Brexit currency shift kicks in and against that any post launch discounting which is a bit unlikely given the success of the car and other brands in the UK faced with the euro pound exchange rate as their price hedging mechanisms come to an end the day after the government does article 50. Xmas, turkeys and votes.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It does look at the moment, and until 31st March, that the only 'official' offer now available from SEAT is indeed the £500 test drive offer.

Prospective buyers may be lucky enough to be offered an additional discount by their dealer, but a bit of hard negotiating may well be required first!

If anyone is actually ready and willing to place an order there and then, most dealers will do all they possibly can to prevent that customer walking out of their showroom until they have his (or her!) signature on an order form!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used Carwow to get what I felt was a good price. You just register, create your spec with any options then wait for the dealer offers to come in. Even if you don't buy from one if them (I did) you have a real idea of what the best price is for the car and something to wave under the salesmanship nose!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.