Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my company car (Vauxhall Zafira Tourer) is due replacement at the end of October and my choice is limited by the company to Audi or SEAT. I don't want anything as big as an Alhambra and really don't want to drive an Audi so it looks like I will have to order an Ateca without ever seeing or driving one :shock:
When the new Tiguan comes out I will sit in one to check the seat/wheel/pedal alignment but apart from that I will be crossing my fingers. The one that appeals to me the most is the 190HP diesel but it all depends on the lease costs. Roll on 1st May when we get to see the UK specifications.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I would be tempted to take a Leon for a spin and see what you think. Unless they have done something dramatic I would expect it to be a very similar drive and interior fit and finish should be similar too.

Good idea Re: The Tiguan too, you should gauge quite a lot from that - height, interior space, boot space etc.

When do you have to firm in your order? UK drive reviews should be out within a few months I would expect.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Rob, thanks for the reply. I won't be driving a Leon as I can't see out of them due to the low roofline and B-pillar position - I am too tall. My (shorter) colleagues rate them highly though.
My current car goes back at the end of October so I suspect I will have to order its replacement at the end of June. It's a Vauxhall so I have modest expectations for SEAT fit and finish.
The Tiguan should give me some indication about the alignment of the seat and controls; this was always a problem with cars built on the old Golf platform. I will hopefully get an indication of the seat squab to headlining measurement when the brochure comes out.
I'll keep you posted when I find out more. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Yes my brother in law has one (2nd one now) and rates them very highly. I've had a sit in it and the quality is good, I'm over 6ft but never noticed a problem with height but like I say I was only sat in for 5 minutes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sadly I am a freak of nature with short legs and a very long torso. There's a long list of cars I can't fit in :-(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.