Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to ascertain if Seat are sticking to their provisional build week schedule. Or, if nearer the build, the date is being pushed out. I'm a build week 8 - I know, over another week to go.

Interestingly, when I spoke with customer services to get my order number & date, he said he was surprised that I had a provisional build week 8 as there were "delays" with the DSG engine (mine's a petrol). And that they were "having to make adjustments to the [production] line".

Fingers crossed they are operating at full capacity and on time!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a provisional build week 7 and I haven't heard nothing yet.
It seems that the Finnish importer and the Estonian reseller like to keep their clients in the dark.
They only tell you the provisional build dates when you ask and nothing else.
Also no way to ask directly from the factory.

I ordered in the end of October.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We placed our order 16 January & were originally given estimated delivery of April/May. Since then our dealer has told us;
1) 18 Jan: first had an estimated day of build of w/k 13th Feb
2) 31 Jan: factory not moved it to production yet
3) 8 Feb: Still not got a proper build week yet. The factory have moved the dates from approx build wk 8 to 11

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Rojam said:
I'm trying to ascertain if Seat are sticking to their provisional build week schedule. Or, if nearer the build, the date is being pushed out. I'm a build week 8 - I know, over another week to go.

Interestingly, when I spoke with customer services to get my order number & date, he said he was surprised that I had a provisional build week 8 as there were "delays" with the DSG engine (mine's a petrol). And that they were "having to make adjustments to the [production] line".

Fingers crossed they are operating at full capacity and on time!
If your have been given a provisional build date of week 8, then surely that should have been finalised by now?

Have you spoken to SEAT Customer Services recently, they will ask you to hang on for a couple of minutes, while they call 'sales' who will know exactly what stage it is currently at, and will confirm the latest build week.

I think that most of of used to give them a call on a weekly basis... I know I did! :)

However now that mine has finally reached my dealer here in the UK I don't have to bother them any more!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
My 1.4DSG was scheduled to be built week 5 (last week). The dealer has confirmed that it will leave the production area this week, so there does not seem to be a significant delay. I ordered it in August!

·
Registered
218 Posts
When I ordered my Ateca at the end of November I was given a build week of week 13, however this quickly tumbled to week 5.

My Ateca started production on Tuesday 31 January and was completed on Monday 6 February. The last update I received was that it was making its way to the port in Emden in Germany!

Hopefully it will arrive at my dealer within the next couple of weeks so that I can have a peak before I collect it on 1 April.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ordered my Ateca on 4/1 and was given provisional build week 7.
I thought there was some mistake as I've ordered the DSG in Samoa, l heard there were huge delays to that colour and gearbox.
I've since called Seat UK a few times and had confirmation of the build for next week (7).
Pure luck l guess!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I ordered 1.4 SE Technology last Saturday was told July delivery. Called dealer today and unconfirmed at moment but now looking at week 10. They will know for definite next week.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just had an email from my dealer,

Ordered 31st Jan build date now week 29 :shock:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Phosphoric said:

Yikes! That's what you call a delay I think! :eek:
I can only cross fingers that it moves earlier... mine was provisionally week 9, then came back to week 6. But week 29? What's that? August??? :(

·
Registered
979 Posts
Phosphoric said:

Wow hell of a delay. Must be getting worse for the 1.4 engines as so in demand :shock:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Phosphoric said:

Wow hell of a delay. Must be getting worse for the 1.4 engines as so in demand :shock:
That's 24 weeks. Mine was 23 weeks so that is the first UK order for the 1.4 that is showing the same delay as mine. There still seem to be a few recent UK orders that were very much quicker. There seems to be no logic to the UK orders. It's logical in Spain - they are all about 24 weeks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think that everywhere except UK delivery is between 20 and 25 weeks..
Why is that I dunno, but it makes me very frustrated when orders taken in late January are scheduled for delivery before ones that are made in September.

·
Registered
10 Posts
DrWho said:
I have a provisional build week 7 and I haven't heard nothing yet.
It seems that the Finnish importer and the Estonian reseller like to keep their clients in the dark.
They only tell you the provisional build dates when you ask and nothing else.
Also no way to ask directly from the factory.

I ordered in the end of October.
Finally got a confirmation, they will be building my Ateca on this Friday.
Delivery can take 3-4 weeks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts