Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone not familiar with Car Wow, they are basically a comparison site for new car buyers. I've used it in the past to haggle with my own dealer and got very close to the offers posted on the site.

You login, configure what car you want and then dealers who are signed up with car wow send quotes, you can choose to get in touch with who offer the best deal or your nearest dealer etc.

All the actual business and transaction takes place with a proper dealer, they just pay car wow to advertise with them. As far as I can tell, no catch and you don't pay a penny to Car Wow.

So much easier than visiting your dealer and you end up with some really good offers!

Anyway, you can find out more if you want on the CarWow website: https://goo.gl/i4u0ST

Let me know if anyone has good offers coming through, I do like a good deal!

Thanks

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I would be interested to hear how this progresses. I would have used Carwow if they had anything to offer. When I put my deposit down in July they were not in the business of playing this game or put another way the dealers were not. Broadspeed from May to July were publishing fantasy discounts that didn't exist. Explained to me three times that they couldn't offer the discounts they published. These inaccuracies were due to dealers entering the wrong figures so they said. Pigs will fly etc.

A bit of research showed that discounters needed to turn about £800 to clear their profits which means that if the discount is only £800 from the dealer the discount websites wouldn't make any profit. Thus on current dealer discounts of about £800, you would need a dealer to offer it at £1,600 discount, £800 to the broker, £800 to themselves. Carwow gets their cut from the dealer. Until Seat accepts that the car should be discounted further you won't be seeing brokers get into the business. With the £ to € deflated by over 20 percent since they did the price lists pre Brexit exchange rate crash, I can't see discounts coming throu very fast but more like price rises, different ball game to how post launch pricing works.

So we know that you can get the £500 discount for the test drive, £250 coupon from the website. The dealer needs to double this before you feel a discount. If you fancy £2,000 off then it's £2,800 to the dealer. He'd have to take a price cut of £2,000 doubtful I suspect given the success of the car.

They may flog their demonstrators threw Carwow or any rejects from customers but factory ordered doubtful. I could be proved wrong but that's what I concluded in July when I placed my order in the pre sales period.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I used carwow at the beginning of last month. None of the dealers quoted any different price. They all offered me the selected Ateca at exactly the same price - the same price as if you configured the car through the Seat website. I can't see anyone offering discounts on the Ateca for quite some time, the demand is high at present.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used carwow on the 19th of this month to get a quote for 2.0 TDI DSG 4WD Xcellence got 5 offers 4 at list price and 1 with £1159 off ended up ordering from local dealer as worked out better deal with trade in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Halo everyone, I register today here, and this is the first thing that catch my eye..
I am living in Germany but my -Deutsch- is not yet so good so this forum fits me better that the German one.

I ordered my Ateca through carwow.de..
I got 5 different deals, dealers from different parts of Germany, with similar prices.. BUT all where a significantly lower then when you make calculation on Seat website, I am talking about 3-4k euros..
So I choose dealer closest to my city, and it was a good price.. We made test drive and finished everything in one hour.
And the final price was the same that was in carwow.de (of course plus insurance ).
So I had a good experience even though a was skeptically, how it works and where is the catch.
I today got my build date, and everything looks fine.. for now :roll:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The difference being you haven't had a 20 percent currency devaluation so margins aren't tight. The margins themselves in the UK will be effected by rates and salaries, turnover of the garage, input and output cost, if we put Brexit to one side. Being the devil's advocate economists will say a price rise is due so markets will work and Carwow can turn a profit ;). Normally Carwow works since not all garages seek the same margins or have greater margins for reasons above, so if you are prepared to order the car further away from home you can get it cheaper.

Still those people that have worked for a while know that the bad news is held over till after Xmas, so the workforce can enjoy a good Xmas then find they haven't got a job. Brexit has these hallmarks, the bad news will come post April after financial smoothing of exchange rates using currency instruments run out and imports will cost more.

On how the British buy their cars PCP deals are favourites and I've suspected that a Brexit price rise is already built into these which were calculated after the referendum and the currency devaluation. Seat UK may not be suffering as bad as they could be on sales from these deals.

·
Registered
27 Posts
@Tell
Hmm, I know very little about Economy and how things in UK are running, especially now after Brexit.
Although I have a family in London, never bothered to ask.
But the thing is that Seat Xcellence trim in UK is outrageously better than here in Germany, I mean.. you have to pay a lot extra for winter package, Navi, Full link, Alarm, Convenience Pack, and for Leather which I didn't do because I like Alcantara. And even then Ateca is for around 3k euros cheaper in UK. (on official Seats configurations)
I don't get it. :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Well because of the currency change post the referendum the prices you are seeing when converted to Euros now look cheaper, you can increase them by 13 percent to give a true reflection of what the car would cost now in Euros if the currency devaluation had not occurred taking the March 1st exchange rate and dividing by today's. Probably doesn't look so cheap an the 3k Euros evaporated making it no cheaper. The catch is in the long run if the pound doesn't strengthen then UK customers will be inline to pay 13 percent extra (as Daily Mail readers cough on their cornflakes). Those prices were fixed ahead of the referendum will need to be realigned to newer currency rates which the Great British population can look forward to in the new year after April when currency market smoothing instruments run out that are used by industry and the UK has given notice to quit the EU. Essentially if you haven't got your money abroad you are stuffed.

Graph shows the exchange rate for the last year and the collapse in the pound.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have had some good offers, but, as stated earlier, many were for list price or near-list price.

My main issue was that a website error did not allow me to specify the exact specification I needed, so I had to request quotes for an incomplete specification and then contact dealers to amend their quotes to the correct spec.

This really annoyed me, so I approached a local dealership and got a comparable discount from there.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I bought mine via CarWow at a decent discount

·
Registered
71 Posts
I used Carwow in jan/Feb I received 5 offers from SEAT dealers across the Country and I made a substantial saving. All of the dealers offered different prices, but it's only when I enquired about the SEAT discount available at the time. 4 said already included one said no and it had to come off so they became substantial cheaper.

When I contacted the dealer confirmed price so made appointment to see them. When I arrived at the showroom checked to see the price before I added extras and it was exactly what had been quoted via Carwow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think I got a fair deal using Carwow but who knows. I recon it was about 9% off list at the time but car pricing is all smoke and mirrors.

Ordered beginning of May, still waiting for a build date in July.

Edit. Seat configuration on their site now has my car at £25780 v's agreed price of £22900. 1.4 SE Tech auto in bila with spare wheel and double boot. I couldn't afford all the other extras I fancied!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've used Car Wow for my last three cars, saved me a fortune. I'm not sure if it's due to me looking at the 1.4 tsi Xcellence but I'm only getting £900 knocked off.

·
Registered
931 Posts
lancslad1985 said:
I've used Car Wow for my last three cars, saved me a fortune. I'm not sure if it's due to me looking at the 1.4 tsi Xcellence but I'm only getting £900 knocked off.
'
Drive theDeal are currently quoting £1900 off a 1.4 Xcellence. There are of course other similar websites you could try.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used drive the deal for my order, and got the voucher added to the discount too so pretty chuffed with mine. Due to pick up this Sat :D

·
Registered
526 Posts
Carwow had a 1700 off my spec, but that was from Inverness and I live in London! Still it was a useful bargaining chip to end up with 2k off my price.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yep I used car wow and then phoned local dealers to see if they could beat or match it, ended up paying £24996 give or take when list price was £27650 or so

·
Registered
73 Posts
Drive the Deal were offering a better discount than Car Wow and on presenting this to the dealer, there were able to come within £100 of the DTD offer after a little negotiation. Left with almost 10% off the list price (inc £1k voucher offer). Would certainly suggest using these brokers as bargaining chips.. If you don't ask, you don't get...

·
Registered
579 Posts
On top of my SEAT £250 online voucher and £500 test drive discount, Car Wow got me another £550. I was tempted by Inverness who were offering £1,200 off at the time but I live in South Suffolk so a bit too far to go and pick it up, particularly as no one had any real idea when that might be.

Everything all in for my spec (see below) I paid £24,232. In hindsight I could have got better but generally happy with a £1,300 discount given how popular the car was / still is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts