Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. when did you order and when will it arrive / arrived?!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ordered against a car with an existing factory production slot - although dealer couldn't say when until order placed(!) eventually placed order and told prov wk 9. Ordered car end of Jan. Has since been built and sat at port for 2 weeks.

No one seems to know when it will leave Germany, never mind arrive in U.K. .... dealer comms are not brilliant.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ordered 10th Feb just been confirmed today it is ready to leave the factory.

Nearly there :D :D

G

·
Dangermouse said:
Ordered 10th Feb just been confirmed today it is ready to leave the factory.

Nearly there :D :D
Blimey that's quick.
Much quicker than my wait from order to quoted build week

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ordered 1st Feb... originally quoted build week 11 but has now changed to 13 (27th March)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ordered mine at dealer on 8th January which was a Sunday, so order would have been processed on Monday 9th Jan.

Picked up on Monday this week (the 13th), so a total of 9 weeks from order to ownership.

Absolutely fantastic timing since options were added - most other new cars that have been purchased have had longer delivery times than that with no options, and ones with options have been at least 14 weeks in the past. Note these were not newly released vehicles with the whole world and there aunty wanting one either.

I do feel the spec maybe made the difference - trim, colour and options might have just ticked the right boxes in the production schedule slots but unlikely since the supply chain is probably tightly controlled to reduce stock handling at the factory. Perhaps picking the diesel/DSG combo helped?

Since it's leased with VWFS, that may also have helped (they don't want to pay the higher VED if it arrived and ended up being registered after March perhaps?).

I hope that the factory throughput keeps getting better for those new customers - it really is a great car all round, the waiting for it is well worth it but is frustrating too!

I will get some more pics taken and posted, just been too dark after work to get decent ones.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm almost the same as MGDisco except I ordered on 6th january. Like him, I picked mine up on Monday. Remarkably similar spec too.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ordered about 20th Feb... and they still cannot give me a build date :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ordered 30th November 2016. Expected delivery late June 2017.

Not a happy customer...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ordered 13 January. Promised delivery before the end of March. Car arrived at Port of Tyne 9 March. Advised it will be delivered to the Dealer either tomorrow or Monday. I expect they will take a few days to prepare it before I take delivery.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Sorte Per said:
Ordered 30th November 2016. Expected delivery late June 2017.

Not a happy customer...
Odd that Nordic countries are made to wait so long.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A VERY unhappe DK customer here!!!

Ordered Nov. 17. Initial delivery date "March/April". Did a follow up in Jan. with the dealer, now est. delivery was "late April/early May". Did a new follow up mid Feb., delivery pushed to "sometime in May". Finally, did a new follow up yesterday, delivery "BEFORE AUGUST" WTF!!!!

This is my first time buying a SEAT car. So far the experience has been .....(beeeep).......... Have decided to do a final follow up with the dealer and SEAT DK early May. If it's postponed again I'll cancel the order. I have never tryed anything like this. Can't believe that neither the dealer nor SEAT DK have insight in to what is happening, when customers all around Europe seem to take delivery of their cars with in 3-4 months.

Have ordered a pretty standard model. 1,4TSI, Xcellence in Black. The only factory add on it the electronic boot pedal. All other extras will be installed at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
ChrisMall said:
Can't believe that neither the dealer nor SEAT DK have insight in to what is happening, when customers all around Europe seem to take delivery of their cars with in 3-4 months.
If you read the Spanish forum, deliveries are averaging about 5-6 months except for the 1.0tsi and 1.6tdi models. For reasons, yet to be explained, the UK seems to have shorter lead times.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I believe different countries get different allocations of vehicles, and then dealers within get their own allocation per quarter. If a dealer or a country gets through its allocation too quickly the lead times go up. The UK has probably got a higher allocation relative to demand than some other countries.

·
Registered
286 Posts
missy said:
So.. when did you order and when will it arrive / arrived?!
Ordered ours 21st Feb, told earliest build week would be week 15 for delivery end of April/early May. Haven't received any updates in last 10 days, but not going to bother pestering dealer as after requesting colour change I think they are already fed up of seeing us, I'm expecting it to be later than estimated tbh... A friend had one from same dealer and told us to add a couple of weeks to a month onto dealer estimate, but they were a launch customer so their experience might be irrelevant.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ordered 10th Feb. Have a build week of 21 (end of May) with expected delivery end of June. This was much more than originally quoted by the dealer which was under 12 weeks. I have been getting weekly updates from my dealer who has been very good so far. Although I haven't had one this week yet. I do hope that's not a bad sign!

·
Registered
286 Posts
kelly said:
Ordered 10th Feb. Have a build week of 21 (end of May) with expected delivery end of June. This was much more than originally quoted by the dealer which was under 12 weeks. I have been getting weekly updates from my dealer who has been very good so far. Although I haven't had one this week yet. I do hope that's not a bad sign!
That must be frustrating! Is your order for a 2.0 Litre Engine or a DSG gearbox or samoa orange by any chance? If not then it seems lead times are increasing again, hope mine is still slated for build week 15 or sooner, think I might have to check with the dealer again :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Uggzy2014 said:
kelly said:
That must be frustrating! Is your order for a 2.0 Litre Engine or a DSG gearbox or samoa orange by any chance? If not then it seems lead times are increasing again, hope mine is still slated for build week 15 or sooner, think I might have to check with the dealer again :(
Just the DSG gearbox off that list. The most annoying thing is I need a car for when I start my new job on the 24th April. The 12 weeks would have just been ok for that. Now I have to work out how I'm going to commute for 2 months.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts