Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Just in case some of you don't know about one of your best "hidden assets" on your shiny (hopefully) new Ateca...

If you've got the satnav, you'll have a spare SD card slot.
Purchase a large capacity fast SD card (the fast is important) and if you're like me an Apple computer / iPhone / iTunes type, you just copy folders from your iTunes library to you SD card via your computer.

Copy artist files - eg a folder each for all your Genesis albums, Lady Gaga albums, Goombay Dance Band albums, or whatever guilty secret tracks you want to copy over.

MP3s, MP4as and so on are all fine.

Insert the SD card into slot number 2 in your glove compartment (let's face it and SD card is about all you can fit into that glove compartment).

Press the "Media" button on your dashboard screen, select SD card and browse by artist, album - or just set the whole thing to shuffle.
Album artwork and everything!!!

I presume there's an equivalent way of working for android / PC users.

And hey presto! Thousands of lovely tracks accompanying you as you drive round in your marvellous new wagon.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just make sure that your album artwork is no larger than 700x700 pixels or your artwork won't display, that's if it's important to you. ;)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
It has nothing to do with iTunes or Android. If you put some audio files on the SD it will play them, subject to the file type limitations in the manual.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Fred99 said:
It has nothing to do with iTunes or Android. If you put some audio files on the SD it will play them, subject to the file type limitations in the manual.
I think they were just illustrating the point that they had simply drag and dropped iTunes folders onto the SD card, plugged it into the slot and started singing along. ;)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Max Jaffa your solution does not appear to work for PC users unfortunately :cry: Thought I would give it a go with a 2GB SD card I had. Copied a couple of folders over but the media player in the car could not find any playable tunes. When I had a look they were all in a protected m4p & m4a format. Ah well doesn't matter will just continue to use Bluetooth from my iPhone instead :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Max Jaffa your solution does not appear to work for PC users unfortunately :cry: Thought I would give it a go with a 2GB SD card I had. Copied a couple of folders over but the media player in the car could not find any playable tunes. When I had a look they were all in a protected m4p & m4a format. Ah well doesn't matter will just continue to use Bluetooth from my iPhone instead :)
If you're using iTunes and they are bought downloads, I'd suggest that you select the tracks and convert them. It will free them up from protection mode. You will then have both protected and unprotected files in the folder. Copy the unprotected files onto the SD card and they will play in the car. ;)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Leon said:
Kindness71 said:
If you're using iTunes and they are bought downloads, I'd suggest that you select the tracks and convert them. It will free them up from protection mode. You will then have both protected and unprotected files in the folder. Copy the unprotected files onto the SD card and they will play in the car. ;)
Ahh yes remember doing this before. It annoyingly however duplicates all the songs in the library as well :roll:

·
Registered
338 Posts
It does but, once you've copied them to the SD card you can delete them from the library folder if you don't need them. I select the reconverted tracks/album and copy them onto a back-up hard drive.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Leon said:
It does but, once you've copied them to the SD card you can delete them from the library folder if you don't need them. I select the reconverted tracks/album and copy them onto a back-up hard drive.
I converted an album, then deleted the new folder it had created but it left the songs still duplicated in iTunes. I had to manually try playing each one to see which was the dud and delete it from iTunes. Is there a simpler way?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'll try and describe it simply.

If you select the tracks of the album and then convert them, the second track (in each case) is the newer version. If you check the actual file it will state, for instance, track 1. The original will be track (without the one). The one's with the 1 are the files to copy and then delete if you don't want them anymore.

If the tracks are displaying in the iTunes library, just highlight each second track and delete it. They should disappear but, if it asks you if you want to send them to the recycle bin, be careful, you may have selected a track or 2 that you want to keep. :eek:

There is another way. When you've converted the tracks, select each 2nd track and put a 2 after the album title. That will separate the albums in the Library display and create a different folder for that version of the album in the artists folder. Copy that folder to the SD card. Then, in the Library, right click on the new album cover and select delete from Library. Then it will be deleted from the Library and from the computer.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Yeah I got all that but its a right ar$3 on to do for all the albums I have :roll: So I will just continue with playing them through Bluetooth as that works just fine ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Yeah I got all that but its a right ar$3 on to do for all the albums I have :roll: So I will just continue with playing them through Bluetooth as that works just fine ;)
Yes, it is a pain if you have quite a few protected albums to convert. I buy very little from iTunes so I only have to copy the folders onto the SD card.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not even touched the sd card holder dont see the need i plug my phone str8 into the usb and use apple carplay my phone charges and apple music is all right there

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Leon said:
Just make sure that your album artwork is no larger than 700x700 pixels or your artwork won't display, that's if it's important to you. ;)
500 x 500 is a good standard since upnp control points tend to use this standard. If the car shows 700 x 700 artwork which I didn't think it did, your domestic setup isn't likely to unless it's some fangled non standard Apple thing.

I'm using both sd slots and the jukebox with the plus since the maps are on the drive. Two 128gb SD card and the jukebox keeping it all in lossless Flac so I don't have to keep different copies of the same thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts