Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just found this report, not sure if it's been posted elsewhere on the site:

Production of the Seat Ateca 2.0ltr 150ps has been be stopped due to an issue with high levels of nitrogen oxide.
The only engine affected is the TDI version with 150 hp and front-wheel drive.

The reason: Instead of an SCR catalytic converter a NOx storage catalytic converter has been installed. Now the proper SCR is to be retrofitted. It is rumoured to delay production until 2017.

Source: http://www.autozeitung.de/auto-news/seat-ateca-produktionsstopp-nox-werte

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
There has been nothing published in English on it, but "we" know about it. Thanks to Freddie and reading the German and Spanish boards which have not minced their words. If you look at the 90 page or so technical Ateca manual you see that they were planning to use a NOx trap and not SCR for the 2WD TDI150, hence why in Spain they were offered free upgrades to the 190 TDI DSG 4Drive if they had ordered the 2WD 150TDI DSG or a 150 TDI Manual 4 Drive if they had ordered a manual 150 TDI. The 4 Drive ones are fitted with SCR. Someone screwed it up. I understand the Tiguans have SCR in both form 2WD and 4 Drive, the engineers must have thought the Ateca would scrape throu with more simple filtering. It was nothing to do with the supply of the engines as first suggested.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Cars2buy cancelled my 2.0 order and returned the deposit without asking. They also say that delivery times on any version is up to 9 months. I also asked a local dealer and they said 5-6 months for new orders.

I think I will give up with the Ateca now. I want DSG but not Diesel or 4WD so I will look at other options like the CX3 or Golf to get what I wanted. Maybe eventually the Ateca will be available with what I want. Shame.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
what a shame Malc

sounds like a mess all round :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds like a complete mess.

Seat UK phoned me today and asked me to call regarding my order. I was dealing with an emergency at work and so missed their call and it was too late to call them back today.

It'll either be to let me know which dealer the car will be delivered to, or bad news - hope it's the former!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
RuthB said:
Sounds like a complete mess.

Seat UK phoned me today and asked me to call regarding my order. I was dealing with an emergency at work and so missed their call and it was too late to call them back today.

It'll either be to let me know which dealer the car will be delivered to, or bad news - hope it's the former!
think positive, think positive ............. although after your earlier experience with dealer and then various reports on here it is too easy to expect the worst :?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Sure you will be OK Ruth. Yesterday their system was down all day. Unless Lava Blue is a difficult colour the 190TDIs 4Drive are popping off the production line. Mines ready to be shipped when they find a boat or consolidate UK orders or something. It was probably to tell you where they were going to deliver it to.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'm waiting as well...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Saggy said:
RuthB said:
I'll let you know tomorrow!
Hi Ruth - was it good news?
Well it wasn't bad in that the build date is still remaining as 10 October, but we are now in negotiations as to where the car will be delivered as apparently our local dealer is "too busy" and won't take the car :roll: I am hoping to sort it all out tomorrow as we are off on holiday this weekend for a couple of weeks.

However I do have to say that Seat UK are being pretty helpful and have offered "compensation" for a longer journey to pick the car up and for all the hassle - although how much compensation remains to be seen!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hi Ruth ~ at least still same build. Sounds like they are trying to be helpful at least although is a nuisance :(
Have a lovely holiday :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Too busy and won't take the car could mean they are loosing the all important possibility of getting an income from you on the service side. Sounds a little silly of that dealer. May be the service side is so fixed priced they don't get much income and since it's new they aren't looking at repair income. Still you might want to buy a full range of accessories from them.

I've found the Seat UK helpful and phone me back when the system is down. The people I've met are personable.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That's a change of story. It was order from January, delivery from April. Your week 13 sounds like April, so three month slip. They are probably working out how to plumb in the SCR into a 2WD.....

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Perhaps they thought they could slip that one through, slight of hand, orders taken for delivery..... they might be thinking lets just build what's been ordered and take it from there. Wonder if that's the same across Europe or a UK thing ?.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is there any update on this?

I heard from one of the sales of Seat that it's around Wk14 of 2017 that it will be available again. Is this true?

Will there be any TSI DSG then just to replace this? (sorry OT).

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Probably best to give customer services a ring on when they will take orders on the 2WD TDI150. I suspect the DSG 1.4 petrol will arrive but will be in a brochure with price rises next year, April on or so.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.