Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped in to see my dealer in Italy this morning as I am still waiting for an estimated build date (ordered Feb 6). Among other things he told me that my car when it is finally delivered will be to 2018 specification and I can expect additional equipmement such as full led fog lights at no extra cost. Is this flannel or is there some substance to these claims? I have the Advance 2.0 4drive on order, advance sits between style and xcellence models here in Italy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hope it's true. I contacted my broker but they didn't have the answer.

·
Registered
158 Posts
pharring said:
I dropped in to see my dealer in Italy this morning as I am still waiting for an estimated build date (ordered Feb 6). Among other things he told me that my car when it is finally delivered will be to 2018 specification and I can expect additional equipmement such as full led fog lights at no extra cost. Is this flannel or is there some substance to these claims? I have the Advance 2.0 4drive on order, advance sits between style and xcellence models here in Italy.
Can confirm that. My response from my dealer said that changes are coming and specs change a bit. But updated model or version comes by the end of the year 2017 around november week build after that. I think FR model will be introduced also in summer and orders will start to roll out end of 2017.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, that is useful to know. He did mention post week 22 builds as well so that does seem to validate the story.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I hope the 2018 spec doesn't try to borrow any of the looks of the skoda karoq....!

·
Registered
163 Posts
For me its not worth to wait for FR - I dont need the 2.0tsi as well if it comes.

·
Registered
526 Posts
SparK said:
Sure like the body kit though. Somehow it's making it look closer to a Tiguan
body colour body kit makes the car look heavy and dumpy imo. having a contrast breaks it up and makes it look sportier.

·
Registered
778 Posts
kee said:
SparK said:
Sure like the body kit though. Somehow it's making it look closer to a Tiguan
body colour body kit makes the car look heavy and dumpy imo. having a contrast breaks it up and makes it look sportier.
Agree with Kee, but that is very much personal taste - we each like different things.

As for the 2018 spec, full LED fog lights is on the list, which I wouldn't mind either (due to just miss out). They may also fix or tweak a few minor issues picked out since the first version went into production, which can only be a Good thing.

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
SparK said:
Does the current xcellence offer a different steering wheel logo or something?
Most feedback from german forum says current weeks until end of may will not get updated version. All cars built from june and onwards will get new updates to xcellence trim. Until then we have to wait when first june cars are delivered.

·
Registered
59 Posts
SparK said:
Does the current xcellence offer a different steering wheel logo or something?
It doesn't have a logo at all. Where the wheel in the picture is silver with a logo, current models have just a gloss black piece.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'll count my lucky stars that I have a silver seat logo on the steering wheel on my Ecomotive SE. I got my Ateca back in December 2016.

G

·
RedLeaf92 said:
I'll count my lucky stars that I have a silver seat logo on the steering wheel on my Ecomotive SE. I got my Ateca back in December 2016.
I think Sidelight was trying to say, that it doesn't have Xcellence logo. I think every Ateca has the SEAT logo at the center. That new design also has Xcellence logo at the bottom part.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Tet70 said:
RedLeaf92 said:
I think Sidelight was trying to say, that it doesn't have Xcellence logo. I think every Ateca has the SEAT logo at the center. That new design also has Xcellence logo at the bottom part.
Yes that's right.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Are they also replacing all the piano black trim with silver too? I think that is a good thing. I have always found it odd that the Xcellence has no model designator anywhere on the car.

·
Registered
242 Posts
AndyE14 said:
Are they also replacing all the piano black trim with silver too? I think that is a good thing. I have always found it odd that the Xcellence has no model designator anywhere on the car.
Admittedly it's not visible all the time, but the driver and front passenger sill covers have the model designation on them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
It seems to be a very Seat thing not to have model designation or random badges. I remember on my old Leon Cupra X 4 having no badges beyond the 20 VT and actually sticking on a Cupra badge myself.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts