Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe not the hardest challenge, but I wasn´t quite sure the car would manage on the inch of snow over a bumpy old grass road. No problems and no spinning. Parking assistent went crazy though when turning around and using some of the space next to the road.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Very nice... would make good aspirational publicity shots for Ateca buyers.

I'd claim you were one of the people who enters the local forest and nicks the wood but we don't have snow, don't have pine trees and it's the conservators that have been cutting the trees down and selling them on. They also pollard them as was done 200 years by the locals for charcoal burning to maintain the deciduous forest as was.

I was having the proximity sensor cut in again today, thought it was connected to when ACC was activated. It cuts your music volume down annoyingly. I think it was the van in front was so big it started this off, it was raining. I haven't got down to why this kicks in and gives you a warning when you are not expecting it.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Yes I've adjusted it for satnav interruptions and happy with proximity ones as long as they don't go on long. It's good to hear you have a possible issue on proximity.

I thought it was more perky when ACC / Lane Assist was toggled, since I had loads of these warnings going through a market town on slow crawl on a market day. Decided it was pretty impossible so stopped using the ACC / Lane Assist option, wasn't keen on Lane Assist or ACC.

This was a slow crawl up a hill to a roundabout which was delaying the traffic. First the proximity came on in the queue and decided it was the person who had pulled right up to my bumper at the back and I wasn't going backwards !. It has done this before. They turned off and then it continued to do it on the big van in front. I said size of van, now I'm thinking you have to push the screen for "safe to go ?" to turn it back off, else it remains fully primed to warn you again on anything perhaps. If so it was the silly sod that put their car on my rear bumper that started it off.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
must be how you drive Tell ;)

mine front warning brake thing lit up other day as I ducked in a gap in parked cars quick to get out of way of a lorry coming towards me but that's only time

I am driving in country side and just a few towns here and there whereas I suppose yours is more in built up areas

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
hassebasse said:
Maybe not the hardest challenge, but I wasn´t quite sure the car would manage on the inch of snow over a bumpy old grass road. No problems and no spinning. Parking assistent went crazy though when turning around and using some of the space next to the road.
love the pics ~ good to see one doing something it is built for :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
those pics could be Ostlers plantation near Woodhall Spa in the winter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bonus info: The road/rail used to be the main road passing our village - more than a hundred years ago. The trees are only in their 40s or 50s. We try to keep it open for dogwalks.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Sensible keeping it open for dog walks.

It's a "Royal" forest that I live in / edge, so some of the trees are over two hundred years old. The commoners use to pollard them for charcoal burning. The Royal family would set up camp for a bit of deer hunting and a knees up. May be they got boar. Possible. With the encroachment of London it was given over to the people to stop any more development.

Needless to say I report any wrong doing in the forest, that's dumping and get the stuff removed quick before people join it. I did have a word with the forester who was in charge of tree cutting but he assured me they were all dead / dying or had to be took down to create growth. Although he's been back again and wrecked a very good track. They also did a lovely job of cutting the trees down so you can see some council houses - don't know what that was about - he didn't know either. The conservators mimic what the commoners were doing 200 years ago to the forest of pollarding the trees and some grazing. Oh yes I report illegal horse riding as well :). They ride up paths that are out of bounds to horse riding. There is one spot that gives an amazing view over London but a silly horse rider that thinks they own the land rides their horse or horses to the top of the hill ignoring the no riding notices and carves up the footpath. I think that might be under control now after I tipped them off. We get owls in the summer hooting in the trees outside and parakeets - loads of them.

Is this woodland in the UK or more far flung, I suspect the latter.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I like the owls Leon, it's the parakeets that can get noisy. Think the magpies get frustrated by them. Parakeets are al-right when you see a parrot in a tree in your back garden. They do nut twiddly things when you see them at close range as they hold the nuts off the trees in their feet and bite them. Think they moved across London one cold winter and took up residence over here, about 8 years ago, you see flocks of about 30 at times, generally 10 or so or a a couple doing a fast flyby. The big flocks are much higher up and they sound different, they seem to squake in unison. One story is they got out from the set of a Carry On film in Elstree which is how they bred etc. Nobody really knows.

·
Registered
280 Posts
mcderms said:
I prefer this kind of owl:
http://www.hooters.com
I spotted onee of these when we were last over in America, but I hadn't realised that any had actually emigrated over to the UK now!

Shame they are not a bit more local really! ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.