Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Seat People
I have ordered a seat ateca 1.4 tsi xcellence 5dr which will be with me shortly and was wondering which DRIVE MODE would be best for economy and do you know what the difference between each mode is please. As you can probable tell I have no mechanical or technical knowledge.

Normal -Ec0 - Sport - Individual

thank you

fwdfwd

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi fwdfwd, I'm hoping to pick mine up next week but still waiting on dealer getting it delivered in from the port. Eco mode is designed to maximise fuel economy so if that's what you are after that's what I would set it to :cool:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Having a 1.0 engine, I don't have the selector. However I have heard that the eco dulls the acceleration too much, which means you mash the accelerator more to make progress, therefore harming rather than improving the fuel efficiency. I found that to be the case in my old car which had an eco mode as well. Ended up leaving it in normal. It's nice having the power on tap for when you need it as well.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Not got my Ateca yet by my understanding is eco is designed as most economical, but this will dull throttle response and reduce climate control consumption etc, so you may find normal is the best mode. Sport modes only really apply with DSG with quicker up/down shifts I imagine for "sportier" drive and less assistance (heavier) steering.

I belive the off road modes disable some of the stability elements as a trade off for greater traction in snow etc, but I don't know the precise details, only summising from similar controls on other German Marques :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NeoVector said:
Hi fwdfwd, I'm hoping to pick mine up next week but still waiting on dealer getting it delivered in from the port. Eco mode is designed to maximise fuel economy so if that's what you are after that's what I would set it to :cool:
thank you hope it's here soon what colour/model ?????? rodium grey my choice
Magpie86 said:
Having a 1.0 engine, I don't have the selector. However I have heard that the eco dulls the acceleration too much, which means you mash the accelerator more to make progress, therefore harming rather than improving the fuel efficiency. I found that to be the case in my old car which had an eco mode as well. Ended up leaving it in normal. It's nice having the power on tap for when you need it as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Magpie86 said:
thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Grahamn said:
Not got my Ateca yet by my understanding is eco is designed as most economical, but this will dull throttle response and reduce climate control consumption etc, so you may find normal is the best mode. Sport modes only really apply with DSG with quicker up/down shifts I imagine for "sportier" drive and less assistance (heavier) steering.

I belive the off road modes disable some of the stability elements as a trade off for greater traction in snow etc, but I don't know the precise details, only summising from similar controls on other German Marques :D
thank you

·
Registered
163 Posts
So far I have been using the comfort mode - it is very comfortable and quiet. Sport mode brings some sporty noise and dsg shifts less often.

·
Registered
11 Posts
On my 1.4 TSI, I normally use ECO mode for economy, but acceleration does appear to be limited. Switching to NORMAL or SPORT mode certainly gives better performance for overtaking.

Does anyone know what are the differences in engine performance (torque, bhp) between the three modes?

·
Registered
7 Posts
At the risk of asking a stupid question...I'm obviously assuming that the "Snow" mode is best for snow, but where which mode would be recommended for icy conditions? That is, no snow, but icy roads...what would be the way to go?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Well in 2wd on snow should put your traction control off so you get sum grip, you need the wheels to spin to find grip. You use to have to do this manually ... my guess without looking.... I looked in the manual, marks it as only being available in 4wd, page 231 of the November manual. Ah well. It was an old DSG trick to put traction control off in snow. Was done on a button then back on again once you were off the snow / moving. I suspect the button does something simpler in 4wd and engaging the rears full time.

On ice, perhaps stay at home ;). No sudden braking and slow progress.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Now I've downloaded the missing SSP for the Ateca (SSP00016520-Nr__165__SEAT_ATECA_DRIVER_ASSISTANCE_SYSTEMS) I can tell you what the snow setting does:

SNOW

This profile adjusts the vehicle's behaviour for
driving on frozen surfaces, optimising traction and
manoeuvrability.

The ASR function corrects wheelspin when
starting on straights with slippery road surfaces,
and acts on curves to avoid oversteering. The
Start-Stop system is deactivated.
OFFROAD
This profile adjusts the vehicle's parameters to
maintain optimal driving when going off-road.
The ESC cuts in later, and additionally:

-The ABS allows a certain amount of locking to
reduce the braking distance on slippery road
surfaces.

-XDS brakes one or more of the wheels if they
are slipping.

-ASR corrects wheelspin when starting on
straights, and helps avoid oversteering on
curves.
J428 is the box behind the badge :).

·
Registered
163 Posts
So far I find the Comfort mode the best one for driving. Sport mode keeps the rpm high which is cool but not comfortable :) Eco mode is ok for long journey without the need to accelerate. Looking forward to next winter and snow so I can test the Snow mode :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts